PDA

View Full Version : Published OK. Now get "problem loading page"

dandia
04-30-2010, 07:58 AM
Good Morning everyone or afternoon or evening!

Please could somebody have a look at www.readysteadyanglais.com (http://www.readysteadyanglais.com) and see if they can find the page. I sucessfully published last night but my firefox and IE8 keep coming up with "can't find the server". I was wondering if I needed to give the gremlins who hold the page up more time to wake up! or if I have a problem.

Many thanks as always

Debbie

Collectors-info
04-30-2010, 08:07 AM
On a look at the domain, it comes up as you say at my end.
Is this a new domain?
Have you pointed it at your server?
If it is a new domain or add on domain, it can take up to 72 hours to propagate.

dandia
04-30-2010, 08:16 AM
Thanks Chris

It is an add on domain, I've pointed it at the right servers in BV control panel so I'll stop looking and keep working:-) and give it more time.

Thank you Chris you were a great help when I published (as were many others on this forum) my first site www.dandia.net. I always find this forum is great with quick honest replies and everyone is sooooo tolerant of spelling mistakes, newbie errors, gramatical faux pas, I so wish other forums were as generous and tolerant.
Thank you all

Debbie

CarbonTerry
04-30-2010, 08:31 AM
Deb,
Your missing out on an opportunity for SE's to find you.
(dandia.net)
The page titles (not names) should reflect content on the page using keywords.
You have "index" I don't read FR so I don't know what should be there.

Also, you are using a javascript menu. SE's can't see javascript menus.
You need to put a text menu at the bottom of your page.

You should also have a sitemap and have a text link to it for SE's.

dandia
04-30-2010, 08:44 AM
Thanks Terry

I have been a bit lazy! I have used the site really as an extension of my business card but at the back of my mind it has been niggling that i need to do more, I just wasn't sure what and was going to trawl through this really good forum I know of to find the best way. LOL
You have saved me hours of getting distracted with reading replies to questions I never thought to ask!
Thank you, muchly :-))

Debs