Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• printable form with find/replace option

Hello,

I have developed a website for students and teachers <www.starringstudents.com> where teachers will be able to print off free worksheets from the site.

What I would like to do is create a form that would plug into a story/worksheet, so that a teacher may incorporate his/her student names into a story template that they read.

I imagine a teacher clicking on a page and finding a form like the following:

Story Name: Lost in the Swamp
    Student 1 Name (male):_________
    Student 2 Name (female):__________
    Teacher Name:____________

The teacher may then enter the names of his/her students, click submit, and next see a printable worksheet with the names he/she entered incorporated into the entire document.

If anyone has a clue how to do this, I would really appreciate any and all insight.

Thank you,
    Haifisch

Re: printable form with find/replace option

I have done this on request using a Word Template and PHP to replace standard words with the ones fed in by the user. The script then creates a new document that has the names already in place and can be downloaded for printing etc.

It is quite complicated and requires considerable knowledge of PHP programming.

There are also some PDF creation libraries, but programming a script that will create such a PDF by user input is even more complicated.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Great to hear from you Navaldesign. I would like to speak with you further on this matter if you are interested and have the time. Are your services available at a charge? If so, I am very interested. Please let me know at your convenience.

Comment

Yes, I do scripting on a professional basis.

If you wish you can contact me through my contact form.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi NavalDesign. I appreciate you input and have contacted you via your Logger Lite site. Look forward to speaking with you. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
          X