adding jAlbum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adding jAlbum

When I published my jAlbum to my web site it showed up as my default page, I republised my index page and got back to normal. I am trying to put the jAlbum file where my Album page is in my web site but it will not display. I have tried to publish this Album page several times and it will not publish all other pages in the web site are good except this one page. I have deleted it ,republished again and again but it won"t publish anything I have no hair left jojosmazecraze.ca

Re: adding jAlbum

hilde
    I did laugh, stop pulling your hair out! I am having the same problem with jalbum, I am sure we are doing something really simple that is wrong! I shall keep looking through the forums and if I find out how to get it to work I'll post back.
    In the meanwhile sit on your hands)
    Debbie

Comment

Hilde
      What you need to do is on the navigation bar you need to put the url in where your jalbum is.
      for me it was www.mywebsite.com/albumj/index.html
      then publish. If you click on the "photos or album" tab it will take you straight to your jalbum. Now all I have to work out is how to get visitors back from there onto my site lol
      Hope that helps
      Debbie

Comment

Thanks for your concern and yes I am totally bald now ! Ok this is what I have done now...I went to jAlbum published the album to ftp_public through the control panel in Blue Voda , then I transferred those files to blue voda through the FTP avenue, then I went to" file publisher" in blue voda( left hand side of the screen) and published the files again. Previewed it ...guess nouthing!! Now I just open my site and here is the Album repacing my home page and now I can not gtet in to the rest of my site What up with that PLEASE ANYBODY OUT THERE I NEED HELP jojosmazecraze.ca

Comment

You need to make a separate folder(s) inside the public_html folder.
          for example... "landscapes" no quotes, no spaces, no caps.
          Publish to that folder so you don't overwrite your main index page.
          Then create a page for the landscape images in BV. Insert an IFrame, and link the the new folder.
          for example http://www.yoursite.com/landscape
          You don't need the html or php extension because the file inside the "landscape" folder is index.
          This method will require a new folder for every album.
          You will have to fidget a bit to get the IFrame in correct dimensions.
          See this website that uses this method.
          CarbonTerry
          Semper Fi
          Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
          Zone 5 Photo
          My USMC

Comment

Working...
          X