Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing hyperlink style

My website is www.goldenvalleytarts.co.uk

I want the menu links to highlight so that I know which page I'm on.

I have 5 text menu links - Home, Our tarts, Cooking for Crowds, More tarts and Contact us. Each text menu link overlays an image... so the image and the text menu link both look like one image.

Everything works as it says it should in the BlueVoda Tutorial except that I cannot get the menu links to highlight to show which page I'm on.

I've looked at the sample sites shown in the Forum. The one that does have a highlighted link is Bristol Imperial Rugby Club (http://www.imperialrfc.org.uk/teams.php) Here the links highlight to show which page I'm on.

This is what I want on my site.

Can you help please.

Best regards
    Chef

Re: Editing hyperlink style

Hi Chef...Thats my site you picked on lol.

Although that site is hosted with VH, I didn't build it with BV.

Anyhow I've checked BV for you and the same function is available. You need to insert a 'Tab Menu'
    Insert> Navigation > Tab Menu

You can then customise the style. 3 Options - Normal - Hover - Active (Active being the page being viewed)

I hope this helps
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

OOPs I should have looked at your website first cus you are using 'text' links

Same idea though, Go into the Link properties and edit the styles. There is a forth one 'visited link' which tells the visitor they have looked at that page before but I usually match it up with 'linked'
      Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Darren

I've tried going into the link properties and editing the style... but it just doesn't work. The 'hover' works ok... but I just can't get the 'actve' to change so that it indicates which page I'm on.

I have tried endlessly.

Please help

Robey

Comment

Working...
        X