Form with SPAM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form with SPAM

Hi I have been running my form on my website for about 3 years now, I have alot of SPAM coming from this, Is there away to slow down or stop this? I have seen sites that have a secrect code that you insert. Do you offer his? You assistance would be appreciated.
    Regards Garth

Re: Form with SPAM

If the Spam Bots have got hold of your email address in your form then I reckon you are pretty much stuffed.

The beauty with a form is that you can change the email address in the form properties so if the Spam Bots get hold of it, just replace it with another. Stay away from sales@, info@, mail@, yourname@, use something random@

Another thing never put your email address for all to see on the web (not as text anyway)
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Thank you for your reply Darren,

I appreciate your input.

The registered mail is my name and cant afford to close this account.

Does BV offer a secret code? or something simaler as i mentioned before?

Most of the mails go to my junk mail folder but the ones im conserned about seems to be coming from onouther source. I Dont think this is a spam bot however.
      Your imput is appreciated.

Comment

Ok in BV (make sure you have the lastest version) in the form bits and bobs you can insert 'Captcha' which requires the visitor to type in some letters and numbers. I haven't personnally used it but it has been discussed many times on these boards.

All the best
        Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Working...
        X