Installing Wordpress Theme or Pluggins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing Wordpress Theme or Pluggins

I posed this question a while back but I still can't get it to work. When I try to install any plugins I get a form asking for:

Host Name:

User Name:

Password:

I have tried every combination of everything I can think of and nothing works.

If my domain was : www.candywrap.com/blog
    My MySQL is : mrrogers_wrdp1
    My user name: mrrogers
    My password: helpmenow

Which of these would go where? Or what am I missing? I know I can save them to my desktop and then upload them through the panel but it's so much easier this way. I'm not sure why it changed all of the sudden because I didnt have this problem before.

Okay, it appears I got a little further by putting in:

Host name: localhost
    User name: mrrogers
    Password: helpmenow

However, now I get the message that says:

"Unable to locate WordPress Content directory (wp-content)."

Last edited by Littletyler; 05-08-2010, 03:20 AM. Reason: updated information

Re: Installing Wordpress Theme or Pluggins

I must assume that you did find and answer to your problem. I a a similar problem and would like to know to what conclusion did you come to.I have just about finished with my website and the only page missing is my blog. Just like you I down loaded a WorldPress template I can not do anything with it. I have contacted VodaHosting by email also WorldPress and both send me to some pages that do not help any. When I call them the refer me back to the pages by canned voice. Where you able to talk to someone at either if these companies. I am about ready to dump my 4 pages alrady done - start new someplace else.

I f you can hel will be appreciated

JARivera

Comment

Re: Installing Wordpress Theme or Pluggins

Check your Profile for a personal message ....
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
      X