Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another new computer

www.fineartbycheri.com
    I built this site on my laptop using vista. I now have a new HP pc with Win 7 and want to transfer all the files to the new machine. I downloaded the latest version of Voda to the new machine and burned a dvd of all my files from the laptop, transfered all the files and pictures, documents etc to the new machine. The new files are on my desktop, how do I get them in the BlueVoda program. Can I drag and drop the files from the desktop to the site builder, if so where and how do I place them. After reading some forum posts I realize I have to create new paths for all the pictures etc, time comsuming but... Win 7 does not have the same script choices of Vista so the site pages default.
    I am still running the site from the laptop until I get these issues settled. Is it possible to run the site from two computers?
    Thanks.
    Cal

Re: Another new computer

yes you can, but obviously you will run into the same issues you have described. A lot of people use an external hard drive with their BV pages saved to that, which is useful when using more than one PC or if you have to replace one.
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Re: Another new computer

What a great opportunity!(?)
      Pretty much have to rebuild. The backgrounds are intact and most of the text boxes, lightboxes etc. Just have to put the pictures in again and change some of the fonts to the new system. Good time to teach my war dept how to handle her own site! I wonder if I can use my older 4G
      Pod-i as a remote hardrive.
      Cal

Comment

Working...
      X