Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Too many head tags using the php methods...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too many head tags using the php methods...

My site has been up for 2 years now. Before I used the single menu page php method, when I would search for my business name, many pages, including the home page would come up in the search result. After I published my site with the PHP single page menu method, my site does not come up in any search on google.

I've discovered that each time I use the html box to add a new menu, what happens is that the source page of my site shows more than one Head tag (I currently have 14 of them). Does this confuse google as if I am trying to trick it and why my site is not being found on their search engine? I was informed on the google webmasters forum, that having more than one Head tag is viewed as a way to trick google and thus penalizes me by not showing or indexing any of my pages. I have over 70 pages but google only indexed 4 (according to website grader and it hasn't crawled my site in a really long time) of them and shows none of them in simple direct searches (searching for my business name as many clients do since they see or hear my company name from friends or advertisements, they search for the business name directly and do not find it - only the facebook page and google maps search result).

In conclusion, my question is: why is my site not showing on a simple search by name? Is having all those head tags on my source page affecting me negatively? If so, I can easily change my home page and remove all the html boxes with the php command but will I have to do this with every single page or just my home page?
    Mr. Big Paw
    Somewhere in the CO mountains
    Big Paw Services

Re: Too many head tags using the php methods...

The head tags shouldn't effect you with the SE's as many scripts that might go on a page would require a head tag.
    Would be nice if other tags could be removed & just have the one, like:
    <meta name="GENERATOR" content="Created by BlueVoda"> as i dont think the SE's are keen on this.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

It's not just the head tag... the main problem is that the 'php include' method creates an entire <html> with it's own <head> and <body> so if one has 3 php include, instead of the page source having one <html> tag with one <head> and one <body> tags, it shows 4. This confuses SE and they treat it as misleading. According to different google webmasters, it's a script issue created by poor BV programing. Something about the program not closing off the php include pages so that the page source won't show so many different pages codes on one page source. As you can see on my index page (www.bigpawservices.com) source, I have 14 different <html> tags each with his own <head> and <body> tags. Even I, taking a few intro html courses in school know rule number one, there can only be one <html>, <head> and <body> tags per source page. All info needs to be written within these tags, not added on so there are more than one <html> <head> and <body> tags.

To fix this, I and everyone using the php include tag, need to not use the php include command so our sites would be indexed by google. As of now, 2 years into my site, google has not indexed my home page. If you search for Big Paw Services, my facebook page and pdf pages come up. Google has indexed my page long ago, before I used the php method but now it removed it and it is affecting my business and income.

BV programmers need to fix this problem because the bots read the source page. A poorly written source page affects us as future clients...
      Mr. Big Paw
      Big Paw Services

Comment

Not sure that the php is the full problem. I have had collectors info up for about 3 years & it get a 3 to 4 rating on google & i have started revamping it for adsence over the last 6 months & still has the same rating.
        Not saying your problem is partly to do with bad scripting, but possibly the site needs a few more inward links. I get 8000+ just from this forum.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I too have been using adsense for some time now. I do not have 8000+ inbound links, that won't ever be possible for my business to get that many related links. According to website grader (websitegrader.com) I have a score of 80. 69 points higher than my nearest competitor.

I did take a look at your source code if you don't mind. You only have one <html> code for your index page, which is the "normal" way a code should be written - it's how and what googlebots read on our pages so the can index us. This will be the first step I take to correcting the code until BV fixes the include bug - to take all the php includes out of the home page and make it an html page (unless that confuses google for me to have some html page and some php pages. I don't think it would but I ask regardless). Hopefully google will take me off it's black list since even a seach for www.bigpawservices.com does not return any index page results, just two pdf file pages... I hope you do not mind me viewing your source code so I can see and learn from you.

Thank you!
          Mr. Big Paw
          Big Paw Services

Comment

Your link takes me directly to your site. In FF3.6 I get a script warning.
            I Googled Big Paw Services and your site was #1
            Have you removed the php includes?
            CarbonTerry
            Semper Fi
            Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
            Zone 5 Photo
            My USMC

Comment

yes, I did get rid of the php include and everything is better! In the process of changing all the pages but there re many. Used the home page only to see if my theory was correct. It was, google now, after 1.5 years is crawling my site and indexing some pages. Even all the duplicate anchors were resolved. Wish BV could/would fix their code so we could use php include without it affecting us negatively to google and having w3c error codes and so forth... other than that, I am still pleased with BV for the most part.

Thanks for taking a lot. Sorry I didn't post the problem was resolved.
              Mr. Big Paw
              Big Paw Services

Comment

That's OK. I use the php method and all of my sites are on page 1 or 2 for their keywords !!
                CarbonTerry
                Semper Fi
                Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
                Zone 5 Photo
                My USMC

Comment

Working...
                X