changing menu in a different page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• changing menu in a different page

I am currently making an online gift shop and was wondering if I could get rid of the main menu in my products page and add my product categories as a menu on that page?

Also, is it possible to have a horizontal menu instead of a vertical menu in my homepage? My site is www.asyouwishgiftshop.com

Thanks.

Re: changing menu in a different page

Hi jkho, looking good so far. I was advised not to double up on the menu bars, just have the one set, there is no need for the ones at the bottom of your pages.
    When you set up your menu bars, there is an option there for either vertical or horizontal layout.
    You could as an option use (back to main page) and make this as a link taking you back to pages with the navigation bars.
    It's just a thought.
    Hope this helps
    other than that it's easy to upload, neat, clean and simple, which is great.
    Well done
    best of luck
    Alison

http://www.cakeswithadifference.net

Comment

I disagree about getting rid of the ones on the bottom - they are totally necessary for the se's - as the buttons are not readable by them. It also makes easy navigation for your visitors.

Alison, you have a request for optimization - and putting text links on the bottom of your page is the first thing I'd recommend - or changing your navigation bar to text links - either works.

As to the menu bar being vertical or horizontal - that is a choice in the properties of the menu bar.

You can also put a different menu bar as you are talking on certain pages - but make sure you keep a 'Home' choice there so they can easily navigate the rest of the site.

Another option would be to make your main menu bar horizontal as you are talking - and add a vertical categories bar to the product pages.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

I'm sorry - you're using Soho - and my reply about the menu from vertical to horizontal was a BV reply :(

To change the menu without having someone customize - you'd need to find a template that has one going the direction you prefer. You can always add buttons the other direction.

To be honest, I don't remember if I saw any templates with the buttons going as you would like - but check them all - or ask this question in the Soholaunch forum.

What I am doing - in Soho you can add sub-pages to categories - which means these categories will only show up under the main one after you click to it. For example, if you are selling dog beds and have dog beds in your navigation - when someone clicks on dog beds, they would now have your navigation including the new sub-pages showing - so they can see them. Hope you follow this - it does work very well.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
        X