Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linking form to success page

Hi,
    Have set up new website for first time. Everything working fine except I am having trouble setting up my page for my clients to know that once they submit an enquiry they know it went through.

I have set up form which is working and going to my email. What do I need to do to set up response page that tells them the email has been sent.

What settings need to be changed in order for a success page to work and not have the success page on your website toolbar as such for every one to see. Stuck please help.

Tracey Bellette

Re: Linking form to success page

Tracey

You have to make a succes page in the normal way and label it success.html, if you double click on the form part of your page it opens up the box, you will see the success and error bits there. You will need to do an error page as well and put the right code on it.
    Have another look at the form tutorial it is all explained there.

Debbie

Comment

I have a similar problem... in the success URS box whatever I type... when I click send I opens a page with the same extension as that same name page...

How can I prevent any page to open whenever someone clicks send on any form...

Do you have a direct link to the form tutorial? I can't find it.

Thx
      Alberto

Comment

Here's one of my "success" pages. It has a different name (confirmationpage.html) but it gives you an idea of what it should look like.
        As you can see your visitor can access any page from my website from the "success" page.
        You can name your page anything that you want however you willl have to change the page name in your form properties.
        This particular form is pretty old. I made it in 2005 and choose to leave it the way it is rather than update from the new BV web builder.
        Here's your form tut. See # 20-23
        CarbonTerry
        Semper Fi
        Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
        Zone 5 Photo
        My USMC

Comment

Thx Carbonterry

I have named a page success.html selecting on the page properties the file extension .html

Then on the form properties I have written ./success.html on the SUCCESS URL... But it still goes to my index page.... I don't know what might be wrong...
          Any ideas... thx

Comment

I have even changed to another name /exito.html and also in the success url also paste http://www.alfaaudiovisual.com/exito.html... but it won't work...

It always goes to index no matter what I put down.
            Thx

Comment

If you want to email me the contact page I will look into the problem.
              CarbonTerry
              Semper Fi
              Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
              Zone 5 Photo
              My USMC

Comment

I created a form per the video tutorials and everything worked perfect, including success and error pages - EXCEPT - the Email had no data.

I then followed the instructions EXACTLY as posed in the link below to create a separate .php file associated to my form. This requires me to TURN off the built in php processing, making the success and error page entries grayed-out.

Now, I get a very nice e-mail with ALL of the form answers, just like I want them, but NO Success or Error Page.

What do i need to do? Someone please help.

Comment

Working...
                X