550 Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 550 Error

I have an Add On Domain web site which has been up and running great. Went in today to make a "quick change" to my contact page and now I'm getting the 550 error and can't get it to republish. I deleted the page from my control panel, made changes, saved new page and tried to re-publish - public_html/exceptionalnationalmarketing.com/contact.html I double checked and triple checked username, password, IP etc. Re-read forum...I'm stuck... Pages I've made changes to before today have repulished just fine...HELP! IP 75.126.104.131
    Thanks!

Re: 550 Error

publish to:
    public_html/exceptionalnationalmarketing
    CarbonTerry
    Semper Fi
    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
    Zone 5 Photo
    My USMC

Comment

Still getting error...
      When I published the other pages I always put /page.html - whatever the new page was...As I said - everything was working fine until now...
      HELP!
      I've tried all variations....

Comment

I just tried publishing other pages on my original domain and a site I did for a friend under her domain - both came up with the 550 error!! I turned off my firewall...still get error...what's going on??? Everything was working fine - the sites seem fine on the internet... but I can't publish or re-publish anything....

Comment

You need to publish your pages that include a form with a .php extension. I do not know if you have included a form on your contact pages or not, but if you have you will need to re-publish with /contact.php not /contact.html
          Sandra

Comment

I also noticed while I was at your page that you have pages opening on top of each other. (everyone that I checked)
            To fix this, leave the target blank (do not choose _blank just leave the target space empty for every one of your page links)
            Hope this helps - I think the only time to have a page opening on top of another is if you are sending a visitor to another website, that way when they click away they still have your page.
            Sandra

Comment

Thank you Sandra for your reply but I do not have a form on my page and I have published the "contact" page (no forms) for two other websites with a .html extention every time - no problems. I thought that this would be a 'quick change' and now I can't get my contact page re-published. I'm putting in my IP for my original main domain, plus user name and password - I haven't published anything on this add on domain for months so maybe I'm forgetting something - I've looked back at my original registration email with my notes, re-watched tutorials, tried every different combo - I don't know what I'm missing or why it's not working. Should I have a different IP? I don't have it on my add on domain email or notes... It will actual publish to my main domain if I don't put anything in the public_html slot - but of course that's not what I want. I'm publishing to public_html/exceptionalnationalmarketing.com/contact.html....should work...still doesn't...
              Help!!!

Comment

Have you tried:
                public_html/exceptionalnationalmarketing/contact.html
                CarbonTerry
                Semper Fi
                Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
                Zone 5 Photo
                My USMC

Comment

Hi Guys,
                  Thank you for your help. Yes, I tried every combo imaginable, this has taken me over a week. I put in a support ticket last week and it was not much help although...it finally published yesterday. In the past, I've been able to publish and see the page immediately every time. I know that sometimes it takes 24-48 hours so I don't know if that was the problem - just needing time... but it didn't publish all week and then published immediately yesterday. So, I'm still curious as to why this happens.
                  Last Tuesday, when I wanted to just make the "quick change" and then started this whole problem I put in - public_html/exceptionalnationalmarketing.com and nothing - I put in all the different combos, including the above several times, watched tutorials, wrote this entry into the forum, waited a couple days, etc. etc. -Then yesterday I put in the above yet again and it published - immediately. Was there something that VodaHost tweaked after the support ticket was turned in? And why does it sometimes show up immediately and others 24-48 hours to a week or not at all? Now I'm afraid to make changes if my site is going to be down for a week. Is there something in the system that does this? Or is it just something that will always be up in the air as to if and when something publishes. I've loved loved loved this system until this happened...It was very frustrating...
                  Still love the builder and the forum and everything... just want to know if there is any way of preventing this delay in the future.
                  Thanks again!

Comment

Hi,
                    a couple of weeks ago I had exactly the same problem & Support continuously insisted it had to be a "Firewall problem" at my end. I went through all possible permutations of enabling/disabling, adding to block/deleting from block, uninstalling/re-installing BV etc. etc. etc.........this went on for nearly a week & just as I was about to Email a Programmer friend of mine for help I went in & tried to publish an edited page &........bingo! Everything worked the way it had for more than a year!!??
                    No-one could give me an explanation as why or what happened........maybe Neptune was playing tricks on us?
                    Only thing I can tell you is continue now as if it never happened.....think positive & just hope it doesn't happen again soon LOL
                    david
                    Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Hi David,
                      Thank you for your reply. Although I wouldn't wish this problem on to anyone else it's nice to hear I'm not alone in my frustration. :o)~ After reading (and re-reading) about publishing problems here on the forum I know I'm not alone and always appreciate the help. With each challenge comes knowledge and if (when) it happens again I'll be less frustrated, less in need of "instant gratification" and more patient. :o) Hope the posts help others - Check and recheck your work and when you KNOW that you've done everything right - walk away and try again later.
                      :o)~

Comment

Working...
                      X