Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving Subdomain to its own URL?

Hi!

I just opened a new hosting account with VodaHost. The URL is www.bptradeshow.com - the temportary Webpage URL is: http://75.126.104.139/~bptrades/.

I also have another website: www.benefitplace.biz hosted by VodaHost. I want to move the pages on the subdomian: www.benefitplace.biz/tradeshow.php to the new website: www.bptradeshow.com.

How do I most efficiently do this?

Please help!

Thanks, Phil
    www.BenefitPlace.biz

Re: Moving Subdomain to its own URL?

Firstly, you didn't need to purchase a new account but.. too late now...

You can host as many sites as you like on one account as long as they belong to you.

Just republish the site to the new domain, make sure all the links point to the new domain pages too then delete the old pages off the server so you don't have a duplicate site,
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thanks for the Input! However I am new to this process!

When you say to "Just republish the site to the new domain", I have questions.

First - I was given a "Temporary Webpage URL". Should I wait to publish & how will I know when www.bptradeshow.com is up and running?

Second - Do I publish page by page - I have about 80 pages in this domain.

Third - When I go to the "Publish Web Page" box, Do I replace and enter the
      New Server IP, Username & Password? Do I leave the Folder as"public_html and the Files: "Publish all Files"?

Last - Is there anything else I should know?

Thanks

Phil
      www.BenefitPlace.biz

Comment

Originally posted by Eides View Post
        Thanks for the Input! However I am new to this process!

When you say to "Just republish the site to the new domain", I have questions.

First - I was given a "Temporary Webpage URL". Should I wait to publish & how will I know when www.bptradeshow.com is up and running?

It looks like this domain is ready to publish to. So when your site is ready publish it using the details given to you in your welcome email. Ensure your home page is entitled index all lower case.

Second - Do I publish page by page - I have about 80 pages in this domain.

Yes

Third - When I go to the "Publish Web Page" box, Do I replace and enter the
        New Server IP, Username & Password? Do I leave the Folder as"public_html and the Files: "Publish all Files"?

YES

Last - Is there anything else I should know?

That England are very unlikely to win the World cup? I dunno.. what else would you like to know.. ask away : - )

Thanks

Phil
        You're welcome.
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

I'm Back!

When I attempted to publish the 1st of the www.benefitplace.biz pages to www.bptradeshow.com the "Publish Web Page" box drop down does not have the code that VodaHost sent to me for the domain: 75.126.104.139 and does not allow me to type in the new code?

What is my next move?

Thanks,

Phil
          www.BenefitPlace.biz

Comment

Download the latest version of the builder

Comment

Originally posted by Eides View Post
              I'm Back!

When I attempted to publish the 1st of the www.benefitplace.biz pages to www.bptradeshow.com the "Publish Web Page" box drop down does not have the code that VodaHost sent to me for the domain: 75.126.104.139 and does not allow me to type in the new code?

What is my next move?

Thanks,

Phil

Download a fresh copy of BV. It will be updated to include all the current IP addresses.
              Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

You're too slow Darren ; - )

Comment

Originally posted by Marincky View Post
                  You're too slow Darren ; - )
                  Hahaha I know Master

Regards
                  Grasshopper
                  Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

You're Both Quick!

Where do I go to find the download for the new version?

Thanks Again!

Phil
                    www.BenefitPlace.biz

Comment

I gave you the link in my post above ; - )

Comment

Working...
                      X