Purchase Flow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purchase Flow

I am currently building a career search website and was wondering how one would have the customer fill out a form, press pay now, go to paypal and make the payment, then submit the posting to be posted on my website as well as send out an automatic email to both the employer and job searcher. Mostly I am concerned that the submit button needs to be on the same page as the form. I would like the purchase flow to have the customer fill out the form, pay through credit card, then submit the forms information so that it can be posted to the website. Any help regarding this problem would be great.

Thanks,

David

Re: Purchase Flow

This procedure goes a bit beyond what static forms can do.

This is how it should work:

1. The visitor fills in the info form and submits. The info is stored in a database and emailed to you.
    2. He is then redirected to the thankyou page, which contains a PayPal button to proceed to payment.
    3. After payment, PayPal posts back the payment and post details using IPN. PayPal posts back this info to a script on your site, usually called "IPN listener".
    4. This script (IPN listener) receives the info from PayPal, verifies the payment with PayPal's server, and if the payment is ok, it performs the necessary actions: send emails to whoever is involved, and store the payment details in the database. It aso sets the ad status to "Active"
    5. A further script is necessary to display all active ads in another page, and allow visitors to search them either by category or keywords, etc.

This goes beyond what you can do with BV's (or any other builder) static forms, and requires some MySQL / PHP knowledge.

You can either search/use one of the ready made scripts you can find on the net, or you can outsource this if you need the look to be like the rest of your website. In that case you can post in the freelancer's section of the forum.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
    X