Moving Website & SEO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving Website & SEO

I am sure I have read about moving websites to voda and how much loss of search engine ranking can be expected, but I cannot find the thread, so my question is.......
    If I am revamping a website for someone, can I move the site to Vodahost without too much loss of page ranking in google search? It is a local site and I cannot find too much competition for their keywords so I think I can get it back. The only problem, they are on page one of google and do not wish to damage that for them.
    Sandra

Re: Moving website to Voda & SEO

Moving the site will not harm them.

Changing the site content can, especially if the new one is not optimized or it doesn't have good content
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Re: Moving website to Voda & SEO

Thank you for that George. From my observations the site has achieved its position by default. I will be using most of the current content, mainly just adding more content, updating visuals and making it possible for them to update photographs and content themselves so your answer means I can go ahead.
      I think the thread I was searching for was created by you and Beth so I am definitely going ahead with it if they approve my drafts.
      Sandra

Comment

Working...
      X