Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with "GO" list problem

www.adamsplacekalkan.net

Can anyone help please. I am an extreme novice in all things relating to computers. I can manage all basic operations and decided to try a web site. Got into great difficulty and the help kept referring back to the videos which I didn’t understand. It used words which made no sense to me at all.

I did not use any template preferring a plain background. I started with a home page which I called Index, I then created more pages. The index file was bvp and the remainder html. Using the info given by the host company I then published all the pages again index as the webaddress and the remainder to web address plus page title i.e. .net/location.html.

I can call up all of the pages by using address but I cannot get them to show a “GO” index.

Can anyone tell me what I have done wrong pease. Tony Knight

Re: Help with "GO" list problem

Well if you know all the adresses (url's) for your pages, then you are almost there.
    With a Go Menu, you add all the page names and add the page address (url) to each one.
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Thank you for reply. Obviously I am doing something very wrong. I add all url's to home page www.adamsplacekalkan.net then add another page. I bring uo next in sequence location and add all url's to his page www.admsplacekalkan.net/location.html and continue until all pages are complete. Then I save as.
      On each page as I enter the page name appears but when I then go online nothing appears at all for the go box.
      Sorry if this does not make much sense, I am trying very hard to make some progress in my daily knowledge without much success at the moment. Tony K

Comment

I can see no evidence of you using a Go menu (Go box?) on your home page. Have you published this page since adding it?
        Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Thank you. Yes after adding the url's I did the publish proceedure again. Message published successfully. Still no entry on web page Tony K

Comment

I can now see the go menu between the 2 photos. If you can't, press F5 a few times to refresh your browser.
            Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

I really am most grateful for your help. You are very kind. I too now have the go menu on the home page and it works. Indicate another page and up it comes. Unfortunately you cannot get back to home page because no other page has the go menu. Is the best think to remove the go menu on the list ans start again, this time doing a menu for each page. Tony K

Comment

Your solution based on how you are doing it is to determine the go menu first and make sure all the links are in place. You can then copy and paste this from page to page. Be careful because if you make an error you will have to correct the error on each and every page.

A better option is to read and apply this. It will allow you to create a page specifically for your menu that can be called up in other pages. If you do make an error you can correct it just the once and the changes will be reflected throughout the site.
                Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

I cannot apologise enough \i must be driving you mad. Bluevoda cleared the old file before I did everything you said (I think). Have spent nearly 4 hours. When I try to get site on Google get Error 404 message. Is there hope for me please Tony

Comment

As you are from the deepest Cornwall and I am from Bristol, give me a call and I'll talk you through it. You'll find my number on my site
                    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

anybody help me ?
                      i create a website in bluevoda software but not have bluevoda hosting .how can i create a publish file like index.htm file with folder

Comment

Originally posted by hamza411 View Post
                        anybody help me ?
                        i create a website in bluevoda software but not have bluevoda hosting .how can i create a publish file like index.htm file with folder
                        Stop hijacking other peoples threads with duplicate enquiries. Start your own thread and be patient!!
                        Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

....& check your other post......Darren already answered you!!!!!
                          Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Originally posted by a-knight View Post
                            I really am most grateful for your help. You are very kind. I too now have the go menu on the home page and it works. Indicate another page and up it comes. Unfortunately you cannot get back to home page because no other page has the go menu. Is the best think to remove the go menu on the list ans start again, this time doing a menu for each page. Tony K
                            Here is an example of how to create your go menu.

You can also use product names, tags or description or events and then link it to another page with details of the product or events.

Orchid Gallery............
                            www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                            Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                            State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

i am a new user
                              plz send me the page link to create a new thread

Comment

Working...
                              X