Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've lost all of my website from my computer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've lost all of my website from my computer...

Hi all,

I have somehow lost all of my website folders (apart from some of the photos) due to a nasty little virus that killed my computer. The offsite backup hadn't saved the Voda folders (OMG!), so now I am left with a site that I can't bring up to date and /or amend... I think!

Is it possible to upload everything back to my new computer? Or do I have to start again from scratch?

http://www.steeltimeltd.co.uk

Many thanks

Pete

Re: I've lost all of my website from my computer...

Have you tried going to your cPanel "File Manager" and saving each of your pages, images, etc back to your computer from there?
    Check out these sites made exclusively with BlueVoda!

Powerline1000.com
    ObePro.com

Comment

Originally posted by jasonspurlock View Post
      Have you tried going to your cPanel "File Manager" and saving each of your pages, images, etc back to your computer from there?
      Actually, that would seem to be logical, but is not how to actually solve the issue of re-converting an encrypted Blue Voda file into a format you can use to reconstruct your HD Files or update your website.

Please review these threads for insight on how to select the best method that suits your need:

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/cpanel-control-panel/44763-lost-jpg-files-possible-download-my-website-incl-pictures-my-computer.html?highlight=import+html

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/199143-post6.html
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks guys... I'll have a look through the links and see the best way to proceed.

Comment

Just to report back, that I've managed to 'backsave' the files from the information you supplied in the links, so my thanks for that.

All I have to do now is relink everything, but it's a small price to pay!

Regards

Pete

Comment

You can download page by page from your site using BlueVoda or

you can download a backup from your cpanel.

You can also take the infected hard disk to a computer shop and ask them to scan the disk first and then extract and transfer all your files to a new disk.
            www.siapamoyanganda.com/
            Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
            State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
            X