Please Help Me with PHP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help Me with PHP

Guys -- Please help me with this problem ... I am gonna be adding a lot of other handicappers to my site ... they have sent me there pages in php ... i have absolutely no idea how to even begin to add their pages ... the instructions they sent me looks like hebrew to me ... help me guys ... please

Mike

Re: Please Help Me with PHP

If these are mixephp + html pages, you simply upload the the file on your site using FTP. But, the pages will not be linked to each other or your site: you will need to modify them to get some kind of linking. It is strange though why should simple pages be in php. Usually php is involved in complex works, where processing scripts are involved. If you upload their instructions here, we might be able to give you some help.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

there weren't many instructions ... and i don't know how to copy and paste here ... here are the two sites ... my site is www.handicappinggames.com

their site is www.procappers.com

according to him -- all i have to do is copy and paste what he sent me and my site will look pretty much like his site ... here is another site that has done this already www.vernoncroy.com ... as you can see the sites are almost identical and use the same handicappers ... i'm trying to do the same thing and I am not sure i can do it using BlueVoda Website builder ... thanks in advance :)

Mike

Comment

Well, if i can't see what he has sent you, i can't make any suggestions. If what he has sent you is a file or a zip, you can use my form, to upload it to me.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi:
          I have the same problem, I receive a lot of web pages to add to my web site, but I can't upload the pages to my server, I don't HOW. The instruction said:
          "..... and You also need to change $amazonid to your amazon affilate code.
          Save the file.
          Upload the entire folder, including the 'includes' folder to your webserver. Upload all the .php files to your server
          as well and the styles.css file, your directory layout on the server should then look like this:
          /includes
          / <all the .php, .txt, .xml pages>

Now go to https://www.google.com/webmasters/sitemaps/login
          Login to Google Sitemaps, and click 'Add Sitemap' then follow the instructions to submit your Google Sitemap.
          Your Google Sitemap url will be http://www.yourdomain.com/Google_Sitemap.xml
          That's it! - Now submit your site to other search engines and promote it - your site is now live!"

Sound easy, but is not for me. Do you have any suggestion?

Israel

Comment

What should we suggest? i think it is pretty clear. Upload means to move all this material to your site. Your site is pretty much as your computer: you have a "public_html" directory (folder) that is your root folder. Create there two subfolders, one for the includes and one for the rest of the files. This, after you have done the changes to your Amazon affiliate ID and saved the relevant file. I imagine there are other steps also, which you didn't post here, and of course they are also necessary.
            You will need an FTP program to move (upload) the files from your computer to your site.
            For a tutorial on using Blue Ftp, the FTP program that comes with BV, go in http://www.vodahost.com/tut_ftp.htm There you will find also tutorials on the use of other known FTPs
            Last edited by navaldesign; 04-16-2006, 01:45 PM.
            Navaldesign

Comment

Thanks for your help. I going to try and I tell you later.

Thanks
              icanor

Comment

HI Navaldesign, icanor here:
                I try for a couples of day to upload the php file that I tell before. Now I send to you the all intructions because I can't put to work this pages yet. Here the instructions:

Follow these steps and you will have site up in no time at all!

1. Unzip the zip file into a folder (call it whatever you want)

2. Go into the folder and look for the subfolder called 'includes'

3. Open the file 'vars.inc' in notepad (not word or an html editor, it must be plain text!)

Change the following settings:

a. $sitename - This is your site name ie. Website Inc.
                b. $siteurl - This is your website address. ie. http://www.domain.com/
                c. $copyinfo - This is the copyright info for your website. ie. Website Inc.
                d. $adsenseid - This is your Google AdSense Publisher ID. Get this from http://www.google.com/adsense/

Additionally, if you want to change to Yahoo! Publisher Network, you need to change the $adtype to 2

You also need to change $amazonid to your amazon affilate code.

Save the file. (I already did the changes)

Upload the entire folder, including the 'includes' folder to your webserver. Upload all the .php files to your server
                as well and the styles.css file, your directory layout on the server should then look like this:

/includes
                / <all the .php, .txt, .xml pages>

Now go to https://www.google.com/webmasters/sitemaps/login

Login to Google Sitemaps, and click 'Add Sitemap' then follow the instructions to submit your Google Sitemap.

Your Google Sitemap url will be http://www.yourdomain.com/Google_Sitemap.xml

That's it! - Now submit your site to other search engines and promote it - your site is now live!
                (Please note: Google may show Public Service Ads on your website for the first day or so until it indexes it properly!)
                __________________________________________________ ___________

Thanks for all your help.
                Icanor

Comment

I do understand the instructions. I don't understand what would you like me to do. You see, it is pretty well explained, so i can't see how to explain it better. Will you let me know please? Which is the excact point that you can't make it?
                  Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                  X