Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website Review

Hi all,

Well i have just updated the my cleaning website, again after adding more services. I did not like the original layout and logo, hence settling for this new design. Comments welcome

www.sycamore-cleaning-service.co.uk

Edited:

Interesting..... I have had this issue a handful of times, where i get the
    Oops! Internet Explorer could not find www.sycamore-cleaning-service.co.uk message.

Even though its bookmarked and if i click the link on Google search results. I just tried the link above after posting and it happened. Please let me know if it happened to you and note times please. I sure it normally happens on a Sunday ???

Thanks

Re: Website Review

Nice clean & works well, one or two things i noticed on the FAQ, Payment and Tearms pages the Testimonial background is a star and not the same as the rest and as the word Testimonial is the same color as background it looks missing.
    On the start your own page the search is covering the e in service in the heading.this is also so happening on some of the pages from the dropdown go box.
    last thing was i noticed that you have your site map on all pages right at the bottom of the page after the background border this is the only thing i noticed that makes the site a little unprofessional. moving it on to the green area with a different text color ether far left or right with a copyright notice or designed by in the middle.
    If it was put there so that you would have a gap at the bottom after the green then use a . color it the same as background.
    This is only a suggestion and is totally down to you.
    Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Thanks for your input. I see what you meant regarding the yellow stars.
      I think..... I had copied the shape from another page and pasted it. The original shape was square, then i changed it to a star on another page.
      I think this caused issues as BV named the shapes the same file name even though it was a different!? Never mind.....I went through and replaced each shape individually and it appears to have sorted it out.

Im now about to change the sitemap link and we`re there!

BTW had a call first thing aswell.....Another After Build Clean :)

Thanks again!

Comment

Hi,
        didn't have time the other day, but noticed the following:

Home: top right corner - F.aq's....could be just FAQ......About Us text: and return back home with no house work to do? ........... "one-off service"
        After Build: We can come in and rid the place...............whilst you are at work (you use "retreat" again so maybe that's your personal choice?? Also one-off is sometimes with - & sometimes without?
        Rug Doctor Rental: suddenly all the place names are without Capital letters?.......
        outside Norwich. (no 'of').........replacement and an unwelcome expense
        End of Tenancy Clean:
        cleaned up to the landlord's standards
        Ironing:
        We price items individually so as you can keep
        Spring Clean: text needs to come down to clear the Search Box.......
        It's that time again, Spring
        Washing & Laundry: ditto re Search box...............
        and to give yourself...........if it is.....This is for up to 5kgs
        Jobs:
        good time-keeping skills....... working in customers' homes.......and an up-to-date CRB check as requested by clients....... applicant will be paid.......We will supply......just a thought: closing date is passed - maybe you want to change that or not run the ad??
        Contact Us: ditto re Search box
        Start Your Own: ditto re Search Box.............
        that door-to-door leaflet....... work particularly well and are .......Terms: You're in complete control (2 times!)
        FAQ: Testimonial in a star (see Alien Dude!) .....
        Here we will try to clear up a few......7. Do I need....... 2. ...Yes, We (either Yes. We or Yes, we) 3. ... out to do an errand 7. ...No, We (see above).....your right to finish or end our services - 'finish' or 'end' - 1 is enough!
        Payment:
        and up-to-date.......pay for any service using one of the following (reads better lol).......click on any method above ('either' means 1 of 2!) Cash: We would appreciate if you could leave the correct money as our cleaners do not carry money from job. needs re-wording Standing Order: banking provider I am sure........Several of our customers now pay by this method and it puts you in control of your finances.

So................they are all just so small silly things it's frustrating, I know, but a tip: take a few minutes to check & re-check each page as you build/publish it.........you will save so much time later having to go back & correct all these items people like me tell you about LOL!!!

But - Great site - even better than before!!
        Good luck,
        david

Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Nice looking site. The only thing i could see on a quick look is the html box that you have the Google search code in needs stretching horizontally as the search button has returned it self under the input field in some browsers & gone behind text on some pages.
          Looks ok in IE, but not in FF
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Your email link does not work.....

but why not give us a try? We maybe (may be) able to help!

"retreat back home with no house work to do?" doesn't seem to be quite right to me.
            Possibly a simple "return home" ???

Get rid of the counter........
            CarbonTerry
            Semper Fi
            Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
            Zone 5 Photo
            My USMC

Comment

nice looking site,

email link doesnt work though, and you should really center the site, it's off the the left

your nav menus should also really be the same width, your home one is bigger than all of them
              robobobo
              Blog Insomnia.com Blogging Help,Guides & Tips
              Techinfo-4u.com Tech Discussions and Guides
              www.visionlandscapes.ie
              [COLOR=#22229c[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
              X