Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pages gone wrong after preview and publishing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pages gone wrong after preview and publishing!

Help please. Can someone tell me whats gone wrong. My home and categories page have been designed the same and look the same as the other pages in the BV website builder software but when I publish all pages yesterday, both the home and categories page have been distorted. When I published these pages last week they were all ok.
    Any ideas please? I can see the distored pages from any computer I access my site from.
    Thanks
    www.agooti.com

Re: Pages gone wrong after preview and publishing!

only the banner Latest Deal went wrong. you pull the image too wide and not proportional.

Comment

Hi WSBlue,
      The home page should have exactly the same header and layout on the left side as the others pages eg, deals, soi******e, our_belief etc because they were all designed to be the same and infact look the same when you view it in the website builder software where the pages are designed.
      So its not just the 'Latest Deal' banner (should be black text on grey background) that you refer to. I just don't understand how it could be published wrong or am I the only one seeing that it looks wrong. Even after I published the home page and it went wrong the others published ok.

Any comments/help appreciated.
      Thanks

Comment

Try this to your Home Page like this :
        at Edit > Select All > Copy > Delete > Paste > Save > Publish All Files again. Good luck.

Comment

A hearty thanks WSBlue. That worked!! I think this problem occured because I copied elements from one webpage to another that affected the pages. My site is ok now without me having to rebuild my pages.
          I appreciate your quick replies.
          Thanks again
          Caramel.

Comment

You most probably have created pages using the Save As comand. This way, all objects have the same IDs in the code. If you transform menus, shapes etc in one of the pages, it will affect also those in the other pages as they share the same (same ID = same shape) .

Copying / pasting is the only solution as pasting the objects again in the page assigns them new IDs.

To avoid such issues, set BV as follows:

Tools -> Options -> Publish and check the option "Use page name for image prefix"
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks Naveldesign. That has helped to understand why it went wrong. I will implement your suggestion next time it I publish.
              Caramel
              www.agooti.com

Comment

Working...
              X