Lock images so they can't be copied

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lock images so they can't be copied

Can someone please tell me how I can lock images on my website so that no one can go on there and copy them for themselves? Thank you. www.beachbumhedgehogs.com

Re: Lock images so they can't be copied

You can't. That is why some sites watermark their photo images, to discourage the theft of their work. I would suggest though, that you use a copyright symbol on your site and I know some blog and website owners remind people not to use images without written permission. This will remind honest people that it is your work.
    I am aware that just by being online, others could use my images or copy. I prefer to believe that the majority of people are honest and would never think to steal anything (including shoplifting) but are unaware of what copyright really means. Therefore I cannot lump them in the same category as the intentional thieves and pirates.
    Those photographs are sure cute though so I understand your worry.
    Just a thought, maybe you could have a heading that reminds people that the photographs are not to be copied, but that you would be thrilled if they sent a link to their friends to show off your gorgeous little creatures.
    Sandra

Comment

You can do it if you are willing to pay for the service.

Digimarc...............
      www.siapamoyanganda.com/
      Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
      State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Not Possible to stop copying.
        CarbonTerry
        Semper Fi
        Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
        Zone 5 Photo
        My USMC

Comment

Working...
        X