Using BV on 2 computers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using BV on 2 computers

Help? I oftentimes have to travel, so am unable to take desktop computer (with all BV files on it) with me. I have loaded BV and ALL files associated with my websites (multiple sites) onto my laptop, but when I open up on laptop, no images will appear -- only the blank boxes where the images should be. How can this be done? I am assuming that once I publish a page, all related images, etc. are uploaded to my public folder for safekeeping as I see them there when I check. Any assistance would be most appreciated. I have www.milbyalum.org, www.milby67.org, www.shanynvallon.com, and www.4dskating.com to name a few. Thanks!!

Re: Using BV on 2 computers

what i do is set up my laptop the same as my desktop. after i have finished revising a page on my desktop, i save the information on my hard drive. what happens is that your pages are saved in the bv folder and your images are saved in your image folder inside your bv folder. then i take a flash drive and copy my bv folder to it. when you open your laptop copy the bv folder from your flash drive to your hard drive in your laptop and all should work the same.
    you are building your site on your hard drive then sending the file to the server. your server does not save your images in an image folder inside a bv folder like your hard drive so your laptop has nothing to reference to.
    hope this helps.
    ps: not a bad idea to have your website on a flash drive anyway. much easier to copy a folder from flash to hard drive versus copying from the server.
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Re: Using BV on 2 computers

thank you -- I'll try that.

Comment

Working...
      X