How do I install Blog on my site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I install Blog on my site?

How do I install WordPress Blog on my site. I got the WordPress file downloaded into Control Panel, but am lost after that as to how to set up the actual blog. Help!

Re: How do I install Blog on my site?

Goto your cPanel>Fantastico Deluxe and select WordPress.

Follow the instructions to install.

Make sure you write down the Username and Password.
    If you forget you wont be able to enter your Blog.
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

i have done that.... too... how do I proceed if I want to install a blog of commentaries following different videos on different pages...

For instance... http://www.alfaaudiovisual.com/spot_...creaciones.php

on this page I want to have a blog of commentaries that the viewers can fill in with their opiniones etc...

could you tell me how to do that and that my extension is still my own domain

thx b4hand
      linceman

Comment

STEP BY STEP intense debate... anyone knowsss... I create an account and the blog is created at a the wordpress folder I created... Is there a way to instlla directly on the .php page of my main folder...

Comment

I don't know if this will help as I had all sorts of trouble setting up my blog and can't remember in the end how I did it! and I wasn't doing videos. But I do remember how frustrating it was and how i felt I needed an ology in computer speak on some of the other forums. However I noticed the other day that in the form wizard in BV there is a comment box you can insert and then as you know it the page automaticaly saves as php. Could you this below your video? Would this do the job?
          Insert> form wizard> templates> comments

Just a suggestion.

Debbie

Comment

thx debbi... I've tried that... but I think that is the comment box like the one that goes with the emails and all that.. I haven't been able to see if it has more possibilities to create a following box after one comments on the previous one...

There is a javascript funtion that you can insert in events... but I haven't been able to find out where that could lead to...

So far I've found this commentaries dialogue box which is from google and free...
            (there are actually many comments box you can purchase on the net but this one is free).

http://www.alfaaudiovisual.com/creac...les_inicio.php

It's a little limiting since it doesn't allow you to publish your name and picture unless you're google twitter and a couple of others... but for now I think it can do the job...

I'll keep looking for something better that allows to register any user, put up his/her picture, add rating... etc...

thx a lot
            linceman

Comment

Go in to your Administrators Control Panel (ACP) and spend quality time learning "Hands On" how to set up.

To find accurate answers you should goto the WordPress Forum and join as a member.

Nobody here can spend the time to tutor you from A-Z on how to do and setup things and to customize your blog.

We can only help you to the point of how to install.
              At the point of installation in Fantastico you were already informed that the WordPress forum is not supported by VH.

Help is provided by some who already has a blog installed to a certain limitation.

You have to start learning to customize the blog yourself.... otherwise how are you going to manage your Blog.
              www.siapamoyanganda.com/
              Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
              State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Linceman
                I think like zuriatman says you'll have to join the wordpress forum. I didn't find it as easy to use or follow like the BV one but I got there in the end and my very basic blog works LOL. Good luck

Debbie

Comment

cool... send me your page...

So far I have created a commentaries section through google... I think it is a lilltle limiting but for now, until I learn how to implement st better it does the job...

http://www.alfaaudiovisual.com/creac...les_inicio.php

It's a free service through google...

thx
                  linceman

Comment

linceman,

wordpress comes with basic skelton for your CMS. You need to install plugins to get certain things for you blogs. There are tons for plugins available and easy to install from your wordpress admin panel. YOu should see plugin for video and plugin for comments and put in a page and thats it.. You get what you wanted..

Let me know if you have more questions. My vijaianand.com site is fully made of wordpress.
                    Life is too short, let's make it worth a life time.

Sites hosted with Vodahost,
                    www.vijaianand.com
                    www.igurus.net
                    www.firsttimecruising.com

Signature Rules Apply

Comment

Working...
                    X