No announcement yet.

Which version of my site is preferable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which version of my site is preferable?

I have two designs for my site Inviting Occasions. I can't decide between the two and was hoping I could get some input on which version I should publish. Do you prefer

Current Version

or

New Version

(please note all of the links on the sample page will lead you back to the current version of the site. I have only built the index page of the new version for the time being).

Many thanks in advance for your input.

Re: Which version of my site is preferable?

....it's a very 'subjective' thing :) ........you're probably going to get an equal number saying they like both sites lol
    For me, I prefer the 2nd. ("sample") site as it is a little more "gentle" on my eyes, if you know what I mean? I also like the background instead of just plain white, & the logo is more subtle - in the original site it kinda hit me a bit hard lol
    I have to add that it was refreshing to read a bunch of text that was grammatically correct!!
    Good luck,
    david
    Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

For me its definately the new version. Everything looks neat and tidy and enclosed into a smart look template.
      Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

i like the original one, however i would make all the heading stuff a lot smaller so you could see what's below it without having to scroll so much

the second one is good too though, but im not mad on the color, but a template style is worth looking into
        robobobo
        Blog Insomnia.com Blogging Help,Guides & Tips
        Techinfo-4u.com Tech Discussions and Guides
        www.visionlandscapes.ie
        [COLOR=#22229c[/COLOR]

Comment

How do you get the pink flower icon on your page title? I really like this and didn't know we could do it with BV.

I like the background pattern of the new layout but prefer the less traditional page layout of your original index.
          Marcie
          www.redtractorfarm.com
          www.iloveacorns.com
          www.halfkilofeta.com

Comment

Thank you all for your wonderful feedback!

marciemayer, I did a search on VodaTalk for "favicon", there are some useful posts teaching you how to upload one. It was a while ago, so I'm sorry I can't be more helpful and tell you which forum post it was.

Thank you ahimsa, I'm a teacher by trade, so grammar and spelling are my "thing" I guess, ha ha!

Comment

Originally posted by marciemayer View Post
              How do you get the pink flower icon on your page title? I really like this and didn't know we could do it with BV.

I like the background pattern of the new layout but prefer the less traditional page layout of your original index.
              Marcie,
              it's real easy..........
              page properties
              find the window "Favorites Icon"
              browse to the image you want to use
              that's it!!
              david
              Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

The new version. But need to reduce the template/background image down from 450kb to speed the page up.
                Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks Chris, I designed the template using Adobe Illustrator and have saved it on the lowest resolution. Do you have any ideas how I can shrink it again to help the site load quicker?

Comment

the sample page is definately sweet
                    websites i've built and designed

http://www.lbimprovements.com/
                    http://www.exstazjianjsadian.com/
                    http://www.cbpbarn.com/

Comment

This adjustable template might help at just over 100kb Link.
                      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
                        This adjustable template might help at just over 100kb Link.

Thanks for that! Much appreciated. What program did you use to reduce the size of the template so much without the loss of quality? I would like to learn how to do that...

Comment

Originally posted by Loobi View Post
                          Thanks for that! Much appreciated. What program did you use to reduce the size of the template so much without the loss of quality? I would like to learn how to do that...

actually, it's ok... I have been messing around with Ai and have managed to get the template down to 115kb. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction... :)

Comment

For me its definately the new version. Everything looks neat and tidy and enclosed into a smart look template.

Comment

i like the original one, however i would make all the heading stuff a lot smaller so you could see what's below it without having to scroll so much

Comment

Working...
                              X