ORDER FORM (without payment)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ORDER FORM (without payment)

Is there a way to create an "order form" for many different articles with the following options:

- Autofill of description and price when customer enters the item reference
    - Auto calculation of the amount when customer enters the quantity
    - Total calculation when the order has been finished by the customer
    - Sending the order to my email when customer clicks on "submit"
    - Finally, the possibility for the customer to save the order in PDF format for his records

(P.O./Ref. Description Quantity Unit price Amount )

I don't need payment method, customer will not pay through this interface.

If someone could help me on that issue, I'll be more than happy.

Thank you !

Re: ORDER FORM (without payment)

This is probably an area where you will need to flash some cash. I can recommend George - Naval Design who helped me with this http://www.maxhunt.com/ (can be adapted no doubt, to tick all your boxes) or Garry - Aliendude who I'm currently working with on something similar. Both these people can be found on these boards.

Hope this helps
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

I would say the first 4 of your options are quite doable using php and a database driven quarry for the first option. And Navaldesign is the main man here for these options.
      As for saving the order in order in pdf format, as far as I'm aware this is not possible as it requires a PDF writer on on your customers pc, this is usually done though the instant response email that can be set up to send the information to the owner and customer outlining the details of the email.
      ex: name, email address, order details, George is most expert at building this into a nice little package that can easily be managed by yourself.
      Though Navaldesigns time on here is free, these types of jobs are not so if your really interested in learning more post in the Freelance Projects i'm sure he will take a look.
      Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

This type of order form requires either Javascript (if you only have a few items) or Ajax and a database products table (for the autofill functions upon selection of the product) if you have a lot of products.

PDF is possible, but requires a quite expensive PDF creation Library (free ones are garbage)
        A simple solution would be a HTML email which anyway would have a table like format. I have created such scripts for invoices sent automatically and works quite well.

However this would require some time to build and as such it has a cost.

Building it on your own would require extensive knowledge of Javascript, PHP, MySQL and eventually Ajax if required.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi,

Thank you all for your advises.

NavalDesign: I'll be very happy if you could help me with this, perhaps not the PDF option, there should be any other way for the customer to "save" his order.

The number of articles is quite small. How do I contact you to discuss it?

Comment

You can contact me through my contact form : http://www.dbtechnosystems.com/ and click on Contact
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
              You can contact me through my contact form : http://www.dbtechnosystems.com/ and click on Contact

The fantastic thing, is that 15 days after having sent my query, I still haven't got a reply !

I hope Garry is a bit more serious.

Comment

I never received a query from you?????
                Navaldesign

Comment

Well, this is the last line of the mail received from DB Technosystems after sending my request:

Time of submission : Tuesday 29th June 2010, 8:53 AM

I just forwarded it again.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X