Price list access by password

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price list access by password

Further to my recent thread regarding access to a price list by password.
    We would like our website pages to be shown as they are (without prices shown) but when a password is entered this would enable the same pages to be shown with prices. Are we able to do this with BV or do we have to run a separate set of pages? If so, how do we go about setting this up?
    www.allgifts.com.au

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Russell

Re: Price list access by password

Russell, see my reply to this person yesterday, it may help you.

Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Many thanks Ramsey, this is very helpfull. As I mentioned in my original thread, our pages are depicting our products without prices shown but as we only supply on a wholesale basis we would like to be able to show these same pages with prices but only when a password is entered. If this can be done, am I able to access all pages at once by entering 1 password.?

Our site currently allows anyone to view our products without prices shown (we would like this to remain) but we would like our account customers only to view the same pages with prices shown by entering a password .

I hope I am explaining this properly.

Many thanks again.

Russell

Comment

Understand you totally Russell, just offering you one way it could be done simply. You could simply 'clone' the page on the builder so you have an identical page. Then on your first page (less prices) you have a button 'Click here for wholeslae prices'

Upon clicking they get taken to your 'cloned' page which will ask them for a password. Once they enter the password the page will look EXACTLY the same, just now with prices.

You could also have the second page not searchable by the search engines too.

I am sure there is a way to do it YOUR way too, but i very much suspect you would need some kind of script being written and this will cost you both time and money.

With the 'click here for prices' button you could say something like, available to members only, or stockists.. or whatever...
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Again, many thanks Ramsey.

I understand and will attempt to do it the way you suggest.

Russell

Comment

If you need any help just shout me.. done this many times...

Comment

Ok, here is a simple way.
              Add a warning in your pages that to be able to see the prices, they need to be logged in. So add a link to the login page (see next paragraph).

Add a link to a page where you will add the Single Protect Page. This page won't have actually ANY protected content, it only servers to make them login.

Then, add the prices in the pages you already have, in a table.
              Right Click the Table, and insert the following codes in the Before Tag and After Tag of the Table:

Before Tag:

<?php
              if($_SESSION['password'] != ""){
              echo'

in the after Tag add this code:

';
              ?>

Last, add this other code in the Page HTML, Start of Page:

<?php
              session_start();
              ?>

When a user is logged in, he will be able to see the table with the prices, if he is not, the table will not display.

These pages will need to be PHP.
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks Naval but I am not very competent with this and I feel that what you have suggested is possibly beyond my capabilities. I will have a play around with both suggestions to date (Yours and Ramsey's) and see how I go.
                Many thanks
                Russell

Comment

My suggestion is very similar to the one Ramsey made, I only avoid you the double pages
                  Navaldesign
                  Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I think my main area of concern is establishing pages PHP. I will check tutorials first before worrying you again. Many thanks for your help to date.
                    Regards

Russell

Comment

Originally posted by Marincky View Post
                      If you need any help just shout me.. done this many times...
                      Hi Ramsey,
                      I am not sure if this is the correct way to contact you or if I should post another thread but your instructions to "MICHELLE" that you forwarded to me suggest that we open the page that we wish to protect and click on "Insert" then "Login". "Login" does not appear......do we need to upgrade to a later version of BV. The version we are using is at least 18 months old. Hoping you can help again.
                      Russell

Comment

Yes update. You should always as a rule keep the builder updated anyway .

Comment

I have updated to version 11.4 and "Login" now appears. I have created a cloned page with prices and after applying "Single page protect" enteried a password and published this page. I have then linked my original page to this new one but the new page appears without the need for entering a password. The page that I have applied this to is: www.allgifts.com.au/teatowels.html The link is at the lower left hand side of the page. Hoping you can help

Russell

Comment

hmmm... yeah something wrong there.

If you want to email me the password protected page (the page with prices on) I can take a look for you. You'll find my email address on the bottom link of my sig.

Comment

Password protected page is: www.allgifts.com.au/teatowelspl.html

Comment

Working...
                              X