Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background to auto adjust to any screen size

Hi,
    I see this question has been asked in other threads but they have been closed so I need to start a new one, sorry.

I am rebuilding an old site. The required background is a series of coloured stripes, you can look at it here: http://greenpiper.com.au

The last web designer gave me an bitmap image for the background which when you open it is a thin strip that I assume is inserted into an area that reads a code and then when the page is opened the background will size itself according to the size of the screen it is being viewed in.

How do I do this?

Thanks

Sarah
    Sarah

Re: Background to auto adjust to any screen size

Hi Sarah,

View your webpage with Fire Fox.
    Right click the background and select "View background image"

Then "save image as" into your BV image folder.

Insert the image as your background in BV.
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

I see you have solved the issue.

I assume it had to do with the background Repeat Vertically instruction ?
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks zuriatman, but even then I still get the very thin image, not a large flat one.

'Background Repeat Vertically' sounds like what I am talking about, can you advise me on this navaldesign?

Cheers

Sarah
        Sarah

Comment

But, you are already ok!

The image covers the entire screen as it is being repeated (horizontally and not vertically as I posted before)
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi navaldesign,

I think you think that the site I gave you is the one I am building which it isn't. The site I gave you is the existing site. It has been built by another person using different software.

I am now assigned with redesigning the site using bluevoda software. So I am starting with a blank canvas. My boss wants to keep the background in the current site. So how do I do that with a 'repeated vertical background' in bluevoda?

Hope you can help.

Thanks

Sarah
            Sarah

Comment

Go In Page Properties
              Set as Background image the one that you have been given
              That's enough
              Navaldesign

Comment

LOL, so simple, I didn't even look. Last time I used bluevoda there was no option to enter an image background. I just assumed because it was that 'repeater' thing that I needed to do something technical. WONDERFUL, thanks navaldesign :)

Sarah
                Sarah

Comment

Love the website :)

Comment

thanks Zak138, I haven't published the new one I am working on, it's much better, just fiddling around with tryiing to build a soho page first , arghhhh, lol.
                    Sarah

Comment

Does this work by adding the text or images that will auto adjust to any screen size meaning I wanted to add more information on my website will the page itself auto adjust just like the background that you were talking about?? I think I am a bit confused here.. if you look at my website.. arizonascorpions.org and at the bottom of the page the pictures was overlapping the background part which means I have to adjust it myself to the way it is or it can auto adjust itself???

Comment

Originally posted by desertmagic View Post
                        Does this work by adding the text or images that will auto adjust to any screen size meaning I wanted to add more information on my website will the page itself auto adjust just like the background that you were talking about?? I think I am a bit confused here.. if you look at my website.. arizonascorpions.org and at the bottom of the page the pictures was overlapping the background part which means I have to adjust it myself to the way it is or it can auto adjust itself???
                        No, this is valid only for background (set in Page Properties), not for shapes that you use as background
                        Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                        X