Single Menu Page using PHP ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single Menu Page using PHP ?

Hi - I am extremely new to all of this and I am starting from the beginning trying to use the method I read about in a previous thread. My only question is when you say to "publish the page" I get confused. I see how to do it; however I am not understanding what this does. I thought publishing meant it would be up and running on the web - is there a difference in publishing a page and publishing the whole site? Please excuse my ignorance, I see I have a lot to learn after reading all the replies in the other thread! Bear with me :) Thanks.

Re: Single Menu Page using PHP ?

the first page you should make is the home page and you should save this page as index
    you should publish this page as index
    when you make a page it is made on your hard drive using all the blue voda tools.
    when you publish this page you are sending your work, text, images, video to a server.
    in this case the server is vodahost. if you purchased the package for one year @95.40 you would have received all the login information - ip address, username, password, dns servers etc....
    hope this helps.
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Thanks for replying. I did purchase a package and understand I will be sending it to the server; however will you be able to see it on my domain? as I will still be creating? Or is there another step to publishing the whole site.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnav35 View Post
        Thanks for replying. I did purchase a package and understand I will be sending it to the server; however will you be able to see it on my domain? as I will still be creating? Or is there another step to publishing the whole site.
        All titles of webpages should be typed in small case only.

Name your first page or home page "index" only.

Publish your page to "public_html/"

Once published every body on the planet will be able to see it if they have the url [webpage address].

So Place a sign saying "This Site Is Under Construction".

Since all your other pages are under construction do not publish. If you want to publish then do not link it to your "index" page vice-versa so the pages will remain invisible to others except yourself.

Once you are ready insert all the page links in your "index" page menu, republish the page and you can start testing all the links to all the pages [vice-versa] Each page should also have a menu to navigate to other pages.
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

I think Z-Man may have meant that all page names (index) must be in lower case.
          Page TITLES (what appears on the tab of the browser window) as in the case of this page (Single Menu Page using PHP) can be in uppercase and/or a mixture of the two.
          CarbonTerry
          Semper Fi
          Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
          Zone 5 Photo
          My USMC

Comment

Working...
          X