Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Usernames

Hello
    Have an issue I am hoping someone can assist me with.
    I have 4 domain names that are the same, with different extensions. Two web sites do not work correctly because the usernames are incorrect, tdsproducts is the first one.
    I can’t or do not know how to add another tdsproducts, username so I made one tdsproducts2 and another one tdsproducts3. Well neither web site works correctly.
    To check go to www.tdsprodicts.biz, this one works.
    Now go to www.tdsproducts.info, does not work so well.
    Can anyone help? The video tutorials do not cover this.
    Thank you

Re: Usernames

I am not sure what yo mean by the 'usernames are incorrect'. I am also not sure if these 4 domains will be completely different sites with different content.

If you want to have one site with all your domains pointing to the same site, the easiest way is to publish one site (say your primary domain) and then set up your other domains to forward to it from the place where these domains were registered..

If I've misunderstood, probably best if you expand on your query.
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Sorry, this is not easy to explain,
      I have 5 domain names, for 5 products.
      .biz is the main domain, then .info, .net, .org and online.com are the add on domains.
      In the add on domain area under username I can not us the same username, it will not add on a domain with the same name.
      Just trying to find out how to add another username, with a number or another way.

Comment

OK

As you gathered tdsproducts.biz is using the ftp username tdsproducts. For the others, as you go through them, edit the usernames to tdsproducts2, tdsproducts3 and so on.

That will sort that out

When it comes to publishing, its like this

www.tdsproducts.biz publishes to public_html/
        www.tdsproducts.info publishes to public_html/tdsproducts.info
        www.tdsproducts.net publishes to public_html/tdsproducts.net

...and so on.

Hope this helps
        Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Thank you
          That is what I have been doing and it is not working, as you can see is you go to www.tdsproducts.info.
          Refresh does not work, and I have rebuilt a few times and nothing.
          At a loss, any other ideas?

Comment

You don't use different usernames for addon domains.

When adding an addon domain there is a ftp username which will autopopulate, this is not your username as you know it when it comes to publishing however.

When publishing you leave ALL the details the same as your main site APART from the folder field where you put public_html follwed by the addon domain

e.g. in the main account you just have:

public_html

for the addon site to be published you have:

public_html/tdsproducts.info

etc etc.

That's all there is to it.
            Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

hello guys, i have been working with steve on this one and it is quite strange. what happens is that when he adds pictures or images or text to the main website .biz - they publish very well in public_html folder.

when he adds a picture or image to the info add on domain. the image does not appear. he only gets a red x - we have checked the naming of the image and that appears to be ok. we know that he is publishing correctly with the add on domain as he adds text to that page and it comes out fine. he is having only a problem with the images.

he knows that the username populates automatically when adding on a add on domain. the first site - .biz carries the username tdsproducts, the 2nd site tdsproducts.info wants to give it the same username so we did change that to tdsproucts2 and so on.

again the problem is the images. whenever he puts an image to the add on domain it comes up with a red x. when he adds text to that add on domain it comes out correctly.

Steve needs remedies.

Sorry Steve, didn't want to take your thunder, but you were not explaining the problem with images versus text.
              mrmagoo144
              www.videopostcards.info

Comment

I looked at /images/base_template.gif which shows on the first site but not the second. I would make a second copy of the image with a unique name and use it for the second site. Even though you are using the same image for both sites, you have them set at two different sizes, which would cause problems even if it did publish.
                CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
                CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
                CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Wayne
                  No thunder lost, tks for the assist

Comment

Tom
                    Are you talking about the templete for the background or the link at the bottom?

Comment

The background image.
                      CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
                      CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
                      CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

OK, that I will fix, any ideas about the image at the bottom?

Comment

it doesnt matter what image you import with the info site. the image will not show up. will always get the red x. we tried 20 images and got the same result.
                          mrmagoo144
                          www.videopostcards.info

Comment

I have a domain with voda host (My First). I have another domain name I added in the CPanel (My Second). I am stuck after this. I dont find a video tutoral to help me. My question.
                            I do not know how to open up my and start building my second domain name in my bluevoda site builder.

Comment

did you add on the 2nd domain? if so then go to My documents/blue voda and create a folder and name the folder domain2(what every your second domain is)
                              then open this folder and create a folder named images.

now when you open blue voda im my documents you will see folders and pages that you developed with the first website. one of the folders should be domain2 - if so, you have done that part correctly. now open the builder and make your first page for your domain2 - after you have made the page save it as index, but you must save it in the domain2 folder. if you do not you will have 2 index pages and you have made a mistake.

when you publish your index page for domain2, you use your ip address, username and password that you have for domain 1 - the only difference is after pulbic_html you have to put the correct extension. it should look like this:
                              www.domain1.com/domain2.com

hope this helps
                              mrmagoo144
                              www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Working...
                              X