Hits vs visits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hits vs visits

I am very curious about the difference between hits and visits in awstats. I guess I had always thought they were the same thing. Thank you for everything

Re: Hits vs visits

I think hits are sales made from the visits received.
    Bruce Hewitt
    YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE...
    IT MIGHT AS WELL BE TODAY!

http://www.panzoomproperties.com
    http://www.thebabydolls.biz
    bruce@webbrok.com

Comment

I stand to be corrected but I believe hits represent the number of different files accessed. A single page may have a number of files, e.g. image, html, javascript or video.

Anyway, what I use are the unique visits, number of visits (repeat visits shows the sites popularity) and the number of pages viewed. I don't worry about 'hits'
      Trish
      www.Limebrook.com
      www.MountainWalk.co.uk
      www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
      www.TucsonForBeginners.com
      www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Trish is dead-on....to learn the difference between "page visits," "hits," and "page views," check out this informative article originally supplied by Andy128 in the thread "I Found The Info".....
        http://www.webmarketingnow.com/tips/hitsvsvisits.html

ALSO....when you visit this site, look toward the left nav section for more SEO articles that will provide you with much more detailed info that you can use!

Keep in mind, however, that every 'article' is merely a presentation of personal priority and opinion, but the facts referenced are for real.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

speaking of counters, can someone direct me to the proper video or VH download to instal some on my site? CIRCUS PET

Comment

circuspet,

Try-
            http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/add...=site+counters

Andy
            PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Originally posted by circuspet.com
              speaking of counters, can someone direct me to the proper video or VH download to instal some on my site? CIRCUS PET
              Robert (CircusPet)-

Counters are not recommended as a professional element to add to your website (see other articles in the link above and in other threads), and do nothing to add to your website development. You already have usable information provided in your Control Panel, and specific additional metrics can be found by enrolling in VodaHits SEO program, should you elect to do something similarly.

PS- Andy128 has a new look! OK....it seems to work.....

Comment

SEO? and the tunnel gets longer. lol
                I will be looking into that soon enough thank you, it is nice to know the counter is unnecessary. I plan to spend the next week on adds and sponsors. Good thing this isn't a race.
                If the counter I instaled was a waste of time, learning to upload html wasn't. There is a silver lining to every cloud.

Comment

Robert-

Yes....one of the things I have learned since being a VodaHost client is that there is always more to learn, and learning to do it yourself (finally) is such a satisfying feeling.

SEO = Search Engine Optimization....look into VodaHits for this: they do an awesome service at a very modest cost, and provide not only metrics that make sense, but a means for you to participate and "think along" to greater opportunities!

Comment

Yes,
                    Fighting off the anxiety of completion is well rewarded by the elation of acomplishment. I never had any idea of the complexity of building a site,and there is nothing like the hands on education afforded by VH and all the helpful people here.

Comment

Hello Tracy,

I need some code/insert template for a hit counter. Can you advise?

Regards: Patrick

Comment

its proabaly best to do a google as there are lots of free ones out there, but i personaly wouldnt have one i ise the awstats provided with voda
                        The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
                        Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

Patric McGowan:

There is a counter on my home page. I believe if you click on it it will give you the site to go to. (self advertising)

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili
                            Counters are not recommended as a professional element to add to your website (see other articles in the link above and in other threads), and do nothing to add to your website development. You already have usable information provided in your Control Panel, and specific additional metrics can be found by enrolling in VodaHits SEO program, should you elect to do something similarly.
                            Apparently, this issue remains popular despite the abundance of good advice and long discussions.....

Comment

Working...
                            X