Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Undecided if I should use Soholaunch or BV

Hi,

I'm about to do my first website. I would like to build it up and use advanced features which are available in Soholaunch. At the same time I need to get my first website done very fast - special business reasons -

1) BV is in his own coding at the end. Is Soholaunch transportabel to other servers in case I would like to do this lateron?

Short I'm unsure - as I start - what is the best way to go?

If I could have and professional advice, this would be very appreciated.
    Ciao... Doro

Re: Undecided if I should use Soholaunch or BV

As I'm using both builders - I'm not sure which features Soho has that BV doesn't - except the built in shopping cart. Do you need a shopping cart? If so, what do you need it to do?

The gurus here will have to tell you if you could take the Soho site to another server as is.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks Bethers,

Soho has the database features and Email Marketing integration as well. Newsletter integration is better, if I understand it well.

Which one do you prefer to work with?
      Do you use both for some special reasons?
      Thanks, really appreciate your feedback.

Comment

Ease of working with - BV can't be topped. I can put pages together in BV in minutes compared with Soho. I decided to use Soho for a store. There is a lot I like about it - but it is missing a lot of options I was expecting from the shopping cart. I currently have 3 stores located elsewhere that I had intended to use Soho for - but unless I can figure a way around the limited shipping options alone, I won't be able to.

Now, if I want to use BV for a store, it will require a shopping cart - and then I won't really be using the BV features - but the features of whatever shopping cart I choose.

For a straightforward business site without a shopping cart, I happen to love BV.

Both BV and Soho have some great features - so it's really a matter of what you want to do with it and which features are most important.
        Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks. I think I will go with BV first.

Soho has this possibility to track more data and stats about visitors. do you know if something like this is possible for BV too?

Thanks a lot for your wilingness to help.

Ciao... Doro

Comment

I'm really pleased with the stats in the BV back end - they cover everything I need and more. I think they cover more than the Soho ones do. It's in the cpanel with BV.
            Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks I start with BV

I will let you know how it goes.

Ciao... Doro

Comment

Working...
              X