This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A simple question about add on pages

Hi, I'v added another domain name to my account and transferred to vodahost no problem.

I want to publish an index page for my new domain and i'm getting an error message when trying to publish

my new domain is www.uk-hot-tubs.org

so i tried to publish to

public_html/uk-hot-tubs

is this not right?

some help would be really appreciated then i can get busy again
    cheers!
    www.nativeskins.co.uk

Re: A simple question about add on pages

Originally posted by dean023
    Hi, I'v added another domain name to my account and transferred to vodahost no problem.

I want to publish an index page for my new domain and i'm getting an error message when trying to publish

my new domain is www.uk-hot-tubs.org

so i tried to publish to

public_html/uk-hot-tubs

is this not right?

some help would be really appreciated then i can get busy again
    cheers!
    You must publish your index page in public_html
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

but won't that change my index of my original site?

in the tutorial it say's publish to public_html/site2

do i have to create a folder in public_html for my new site?
      www.nativeskins.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by dean023
        but won't that change my index of my original site?

in the tutorial it say's publish to public_html/site2

do i have to create a folder in public_html for my new site?
        Sorry, misread your post. When you add an addon domain on your main account, a directory for this domain is created. The name is specified by you during this process. If you have named it uk-hot-tubs then you must publish your new domain index page in "public_html/uk-hot-tubs " . Make sure to dave this index page on your computer in a new folder (subfolder of the Bluevoda folder, in order to not loose your present index page, relevant to your main domain name. Of course, all the above are valid only if you have added your new domain name as an addon domain in your account. This is done through your CP
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

thanks for your help.
          i've still problems though so here goes.

I have my main domain www.electricalwholesaler.org.uk
          I have a second domain www.wholesale-electrical.org.uk which i edit through soholaunch

I've now added a third domain www.uk-hot-tubs.org which at the moment i can't publish to. I've got a file 'uk-hot-tubs' in the public_html file to which i added my test index file of my new domain

however the test index didn't appear instead the index page of the wholesale-electrical appeared as though being redirected there. even though if i go to redirects there isn't one for my new domain

any clues??
          www.nativeskins.co.uk

Comment

sounds like if i stop the redirect i'm there!!

as i've done everything else to how you described and my index page is sitting in the uk-hot-tubs file ready to go
            www.nativeskins.co.uk

Comment

Click on: http://www.electricalwholesaler.org.uk/uk-hot-tubs/ This means that either dns propagation is not yet complete, or you have not pointed the servernames to the same servers as your main account, or you have not added your new domain as addondomain in your CP
              Navaldesign

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
                Click on: http://www.electricalwholesaler.org.uk/uk-hot-tubs/ This means that either dns propagation is not yet complete, or you have not pointed the servernames to the same servers as your main account, or you have not added your new domain as addondomain in your CP
                Many thanks for you help your a star!!!!

I had a redirect in the addon domain part but everything was set up correctly ( i'm learning all be it slowly!)

Cheers again
                Deano
                www.nativeskins.co.uk

Comment

just another quick question - i'm publishing pages no problem but not sure how to add downloadable pdf files to my new addon domain.

1) how do i up load the pdf file and where to

2) whats the hyperlink going to be?
                  www.nativeskins.co.uk

Comment

1. upload your pdf file using FTP to wherever you want in public_html
                    2. link www.yourdomain.com/filename.pdf
                    3. good luck
                    Nyoman

Comment

Originally posted by Nyoman
                      1. upload your pdf file using FTP to wherever you want in public_html
                      i did that but it didn't work properly. all my pages on my new domain name are located in a file within the public_html i.e Public_html/uk-hot-tubs. however using FTP the public_html file does not have a folder 'uk-hot-tubs' or does it not require to be in the 'uk-hot-tubs' file?
                      www.nativeskins.co.uk

Comment

this is depend on how you will make the link for the download if you want your link as www.uk-hot-tubs.com/yourfilename.pdf then you have to upload to public_html/uk-hot-tubs. but if you want to make as www.yourmaindomain.com/yourfilename.pdf you have to upload to public_html
                        Nyoman

Comment

>This is impossible. You DO have a uk-hot-tubs folder in your public_html folder. Just click this to see that you do have it: http://www.electricalwholesaler.org.uk/uk-hot-tubs/

Finf it and upload your PDF files there.

However there is also an easy way to automaticaly upload all the necessary files when publishing a page. Use the File Publisher . The icon is in the left hand toolbar, insert it in your page, double click it, and add the PDF file that you want to upload. When you publish the page, the PDF file will be automaticaly uploaded. Once you have published your page, delete the File Publisher from your page, otherwise the next time that you will update your page, the same PDF file will be uploaded again, making you loose time.
                          Navaldesign

Comment

Hi Nyo, sorry, i didn't see you were posting to
                            Navaldesign

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
                              Hi Nyo, sorry, i didn't see you were posting to
                              Good evening Naval although in Italy maybe still morning but in Bali now already 7pm in the evening, so i sould say good evening too lol
                              Nyoman

Comment

Working...
                              X