This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help in publishing sub domain

My main domain is www.7secretstolosingweight.com.

Here is my problem: I am building a new site www.dlrepairsource.com as a sub domain. It is just a simple little one page site but I'm having a major problem getting it published.

Whatever I've done has really screwed things up. When I put the 7secrets address in my browser my dlrepairsource site comes up. What in the world have I done.

By the way another problem I have is: a while back I got a virus and had to reload from XP to Vista and I lost all my program files which naturally included Blue Voda website builder.

I just reloaded BV the other day and now I have no way to get to 7secretstolosingweight.com (that I know of) through the website builder to re- publish it.
    If anyone can help me out of this mess I would greatly appreciate it. I need to get the new site up and running ASAP...
    I understand just enough about all of this to get myself in real trouble so be as simple and detailed as possible.

Re: Help in publishing sub domain

Your subdomain should be like this:

www.dlrepairsource.7secretolosingweight.com

You will need to goto your cpanel to set up your sub-domain. After the set up you will find your sub-domain in the form of a folder.

Publish your page to this folder.
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

I just reloaded BV the other day and now I have no way to get to 7secretstolosingweight.com (that I know of) through the website builder to re- publish it.
      If anyone can help me out of this mess I would greatly appreciate it. I need to get the new site up and running ASAP...

When you publish, scroll down the ISP list to find your
      IP number which was provided in your welcome email from VodaHost.
      www.siapamoyanganda.com/
      Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
      State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

How do you publish a page. Couldn't find this opton anywhere.
        www.CEA-ca.com

Comment

I am also trying to find out under what circumstances should one choose to add a subdomain name and under what other circumstances should one choose to add an add on domain name. I am confused about the two, and why not just add pages?
          www.CEA-ca.com

Comment

A sub domain is an area created by you under www.7secretstolosingweight.com which is free & with no extra charge.
            An add on domain is a new domain & new site where you have to purchase a new domain name.
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
              A sub domain is an area created by you under www.7secretstolosingweight.com which is free & with no extra charge.
              An add on domain is a new domain & new site where you have to purchase a new domain name.
              Thanks, This helps! What about publishing a subdomain, I couldn't find an option for that.
              www.CEA-ca.com

Comment

Originally posted by alphilan View Post
                I am also trying to find out under what circumstances should one choose to add a subdomain name and under what other circumstances should one choose to add an add on domain name. I am confused about the two, and why not just add pages?
                Recently the Rules have relaxed with regard to Sub-Domains and their use. They used to be the sole abused web creation for spammers and hackers, and thus were under such severe penalties that it simply made sense to abandon use of them.

Now, Sub-Domains are making an inroad with not only webmasters looking for a cognizant manner in which to expand existing website growth and still maintain some continuity and relevance that is so important to the Search Engine valuations, but also because domain names for Add-on's are becoming scarcer and scarcer with so many millions of people buying domains and driving up what used to be 2nd and 3rd tier names to prices that are now premium (if they are available at all!).

So, it does in fact make sense to create sub-domains that both have similar relevance to the Primary domains (i.e. Primary: JohnsToyStore.com Sub: ToyStoreCloseouts.JohnsToyStore.com or even Closeouts.JohnsToyStore.com), and if cleverly composed, Content on the Sub disimilar can make the entire Sub almost as valued as a Primary .... but it needs comply with all the Rules of website creation.

No matter how you dress it up, though, a Sub-Domain will always be considered "less" than an Add-On or Primary domain, insofar as it does not have it's own URL and specific tiered domain extension (.com; .org; etc.)

Now ... here are some more things that you were all asking for >>>>

... the differences between domain types...

Differences in Domain Types via URL Examples:
                http://www.PrimaryDomain.com
                http://www.AddOnDomain.com which is an actual registered domain with Nameservers set at your VodaHost account
                http://SubDomain.PrimaryDomain.com which is a fully functional non-registered domain created in your cPanel as an independent site (directory) in Main Account

... how to create the proper type of domain directory ... >> (Control Panel Tutorials, v.X3)
                VodaHost operates both X and X3 versions of cPanel. Customers who joined after November 1, 2007 are on X3.
                Adding an additional add-on domain name to your account
                Creating a sub-domain ( A sub-domain is not an add-on)

And ... how to PUBLISH ... >>
                The method of publishing with Blue Voda to Add-On domains and Sub-Domains is virtually the same, by making simple changes within the Publish Dialog Box:
                (Primary Account Domain) public_html/ .........<--- leave blank
                (Add-On Domain) public_html/addondomain
                (Sub-Domain, as shown on Primary) public_html/primarydomainname/subdomainname
                Publishing your web pages on the internet

...as well as how to best link pages ... >>
                * To link page-to-page in this new site - if an add-on - the linking method is exactly the same as when using your Primary domain, as it has a unique domain from which to find the hosted site:
                i.e. http://www.AddOnDomain.com/next-page.html

* To link page-to-page in a subdomain, you will need to follow the same logical structure, only adding the variables as required:
                i.e. http://Sub-Domain.PrimaryDomain.com/next-page-title-here.html .

Linking your pages together (Hyperlinks with text, images etc...)
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks a lot Vasili.
                  But I am getting such contradictory information. Please read this.... it has 2 messages .

Dear Alfred,

It is $19.95 to buy a new domain. Adding domains is free though and yes you will enjoy unlimited e mails, bandwidth and disc space.

you need to create "add on" domains to create separate web sites....

1. a new domain must be purchased. 2. adding domains is free.

I am adding a domain name under "add on" domains which is said to be free - but unless I buy the domain name I cannot get a url can I? (just adding a name is going to do nothing)

"add on" domain without buying is just like adding a directory isn't it. Please tell me if I am understanding this right or what am I not understanding.

"Should the statement read:It costs $19.95 for additional domains, but there is no addional cost to host it with vodaHost since your primary domamin is hosted with us."

If the above is true. I think VodaHost should also say in its tutorial. The process of purchasing and additional domain name is the same as purchasing a primary domain name - the new name must be available for purchase. After you purchase your new domain name go to the add on section in the c pannel and add the domain name as shown.

I still cannot understand why would somebody want to add a subdirectory when adding a page would do the same job? What am I not getting in this subdirectory concept.

Would like to hear back from you.

Thank You.

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
                  Recently the Rules have relaxed with regard to Sub-Domains and their use. They used to be the sole abused web creation for spammers and hackers, and thus were under such severe penalties that it simply made sense to abandon use of them.

Now, Sub-Domains are making an inroad with not only webmasters looking for a cognizant manner in which to expand existing website growth and still maintain some continuity and relevance that is so important to the Search Engine valuations, but also because domain names for Add-on's are becoming scarcer and scarcer with so many millions of people buying domains and driving up what used to be 2nd and 3rd tier names to prices that are now premium (if they are available at all!).

So, it does in fact make sense to create sub-domains that both have similar relevance to the Primary domains (i.e. Primary: JohnsToyStore.com Sub: ToyStoreCloseouts.JohnsToyStore.com or even Closeouts.JohnsToyStore.com), and if cleverly composed, Content on the Sub disimilar can make the entire Sub almost as valued as a Primary .... but it needs comply with all the Rules of website creation.

No matter how you dress it up, though, a Sub-Domain will always be considered "less" than an Add-On or Primary domain, insofar as it does not have it's own URL and specific tiered domain extension (.com; .org; etc.)

Now ... here are some more things that you were all asking for >>>>

http://www.AddOnDomain.com which is an actual registered domain with Nameservers set at your VodaHost account
                  http://SubDomain.PrimaryDomain.com which is a fully functional non-registered domain created in your cPanel as an independent site (directory) in Main Account

... how to create the proper type of domain directory ... >> (Control Panel Tutorials, v.X3)
                  VodaHost operates both X and X3 versions of cPanel. Customers who joined after November 1, 2007 are on X3.
                  Adding an additional add-on domain name to your account
                  Creating a sub-domain ( A sub-domain is not an add-on)

And ... how to PUBLISH ... >>
                  The method of publishing with Blue Voda to Add-On domains and Sub-Domains is virtually the same, by making simple changes within the Publish Dialog Box:
                  (Primary Account Domain) public_html/ .........<--- leave blank
                  (Add-On Domain) public_html/addondomain
                  (Sub-Domain, as shown on Primary) public_html/primarydomainname/subdomainname
                  Publishing your web pages on the internet

...as well as how to best link pages ... >>
                  * To link page-to-page in this new site - if an add-on - the linking method is exactly the same as when using your Primary domain, as it has a unique domain from which to find the hosted site:
                  i.e. http://www.AddOnDomain.com/next-page.html

* To link page-to-page in a subdomain, you will need to follow the same logical structure, only adding the variables as required:
                  i.e. http://Sub-Domain.PrimaryDomain.com/next-page-title-here.html .

Linking your pages together (Hyperlinks with text, images etc...)
                  www.CEA-ca.com

Comment

Thank you,
                    It makes absolute sense. It's just that the tutorial missed this clarification and went back and forth.

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
                    www.CEA-ca.com

Comment

I think the real issues are the fine distinctions of Terms and the ability to process information: I do not want to believe that the Art of Thinking is not as it once was, but there does seem to be a constant reliance on easy to understand instructions and justifications. Most likely, this is from many differing native tongues and backgrounds, a nuance of influence often ignored in such global environments as is VodaTalk.

That is why I often feel compelled to compose such long-winded detailed 'Tips' ... to spell out the obvious once and for all.

Originally posted by Vasili View Post

It really is not hard to follow .... it just requires determination and refined understanding - which is a learned process!
                      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                      X