Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form/email/hosting conflict?

I have a form that works to some emails but not to one -

The domain is not hosted with vodahost but I have the A record pointing to my site at vodahost (using an add-on domain). The client also has email hosting with the same host their domain is with and they don't want to change it.

I've built a form on the site and want it to be sent to info@(their domain) however it will not work, the emails are not received. The form does work to other email addresses not associated with their domain.

The info@ email does work for any other email, just not from the form.

Is there some kind of routing conflict that would always cause this? I think I had the same problem on another site with the same setup (domain and email hosted elsewhere) but I just gave up and had the form go to a different email.

Thanks
    Jen

Re: Form/email/hosting conflict?

Some hosts have administrative limitations or technical ones. In example, to use the mail() function (used by the built in form processor) you need to set the mail fifth header (optional with VH) or set the sendmail_from address, or even use SMTP (authenticated or not)

Since you are using another host for this site, I suggest asking tech assistance from them, as things can be quite different than with VH servers.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

The site is hosted with VH and built with Bluevoda - I contacted the domain host already and they said it is a VH issue...

I don't understand your example - is this something done on the control panel?

Comment

The MX record needs changing on the server. You can get the information of the MX record from the domain registrar, then email support at VH I am sure they will change it for you.
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

The domain is not hosted with vodahost
          Sorry, but those were your words.

I suppose that what you meant is that the domain name was purchased elsewhere.

Follow Ramsey's instructions and we will see.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks - in the VodaHost control panel I went into MX entry and set the email routing to 'remote mail exchanger' and this seems to be working.

Comment

Working...
            X