Am new in this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am new in this

hi i got a question... i got my BV builder and i got my page from BV so they are my host www.apctechservices.com so now am working on more web pages do i have to buy a host for every page? or can i control every page for the one i got and i just have to get the domain name please help or send link fo tutorial am a little lost

thank you so much

Re: Am new in this

If you have an account with VodaHost (not BV - that is just the software from VodaHost) then you can publish as many pages as you like to as many sites as you have domain names for.
    Just remember that each site will need its own
    index page - be careful to keep them separate :)
    Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

thank you so much!! i do have a voda host so is aesy to buy the domain and then just keep worning o BV builder... now to separate the index i guess i have to save it in my computer on a different forlder? and then publish that am a litle confused with that too, is BV Host going to give me a different server ip for each domain?

Comment

No new IP#. You will publish as AddOn Domain.
        View the linked tut.
        Yes, create a new folder for the AddOn Domain inside your current BV folder.
        Here's what the inside of my BV folder looks like.
        CarbonTerry
        Semper Fi
        Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
        Zone 5 Photo
        My USMC

Comment

mmmmm...? now am really confused.! so i know i have to go to BV and get the other domain name... then i have to build my page on my BV builder.. i supposed that they going to send me information on where to publish my web site and i justo have to save the index, the contacts etc and a different folder with a different name just to be sure i wont mix them up? i guess Now Terry as addon dommain i dont know how and i never saw the folder that you link so i dont know how to do it

Comment

Name your folders after your different domain names (URLs) IE: domain is www.dog.fff, folder would be 'dog' Subdomain is www.cat.fff, folder would be 'cat' and so on. Put all pages (index and content) and all pics, text files and such, anything pertaining to a domain or subdomain in it's corresponding folder.
            Dave Van De Cappelle
            www.aSimpleLife.ca
            www.TheAlternativeSolution.ca

Comment

The publish link in my previous post will take you to the tutorial about how to do an addon domain.
              The other link was to show you what the inside of MY BV folder contained. As you can see, there are many folders. Each one represents a website's BV files.
              View the tutorials.
              CarbonTerry
              Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
              Zone 5 Photo
              My USMC

Comment

i got it now i have to log in to my account and do something to my servers or something like that?

Comment

Originally posted by apctech View Post
                  hi i got a question... i got my BV builder and i got my page from BV so they are my host www.apctechservices.com so now am working on more web pages do i have to buy a host for every page? or can i control every page for the one i got and i just have to get the domain name please help or send link fo tutorial am a little lost

thank you so much
                  1] I got it now i have to log in to my account and do something to my servers or something like that?

The answer to the above is NO.

2] do i have to buy a host for every page?

The answer to 2] above is also NO.

3] You can add as many new pages as you want to aptechservices.com and you do not need to buy a new host for every page [it is free] or buy a new domain either.

Where do you want to publish your new pages to?

Inicio,
                  Contacto,
                  Programacion
                  Precios
                  Galeria de Artes
                  Laptops,
                  Desktops??????????????????????????????????
                  www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                  Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                  State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

this is the thing.... my apctech account its ok... i got another one www.elbuensamaritanobgt.com this one is the one that i need to add on as domain i guess, but eveytime i try to do so it gives me a error saying that is not register yet or something like that, so i got that i dont need another host for it sice i can use the same host but now i dont know how to change the nameservers for this page to be avaible to work

Comment

Is the new domain registered with VodaHost?
                      If yes, submit a support ticket.
                      If no, contact wherever it's registered and tell/ask them to do change the DNS to the ones that vodahost supplied in your welcome email for your initial hosting account.
                      CarbonTerry
                      Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
                      Zone 5 Photo
                      My USMC

Comment

yes it is i got the confirmation and everything when i go to changemy nameserves i dont know what to do i know i have to sing in anf then go to my domains and then edit and then nameserver1_______? (dont know what to put there) nameserver2________? and then many more

Comment

i think i got it!!! thanks

elbuensamaritanobgt.com has been created!

it was easy i guess

Comment

great !!!!
                            CarbonTerry
                            Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
                            Zone 5 Photo
                            My USMC

Comment

Yea guys!!!! thanks to you i created www.elbuensamaritanobgt.com so once again thank you so much Terry thanks for you time !

Comment

Working...
                              X