FTP help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTP help

I am trying to upload pdf files with FTP manager and I am having some trouble. I gain access to ftp manager and add the pdf into my public_html area and this is where I run into some trouble. I don't know how to get that pdf onto my website. I got one document onto the website but I had to use my control panel username and password to view the file. I have watched the tutorial and it doesn't tell me what to do once I have the file upload to the ftp manager. What am I doing wrong?

Re: FTP help

you can use a text link or an image link. it would look like this:
    www.yourwebsitename.com/file.pdf
    once you have ftp the pdf file to your public_html and someone clicks on your link it will come up in a separate page, same page or pop up depending what you choose when making the link. here are a couple of doc files that work this way:

in both cases you would click on the text link "for printable version"
    hope this solves your problems
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

What I have done is link it as an ftp: and given it the link address of ftp://75.126.104.146/public_html/Cal...ercaller10.pdf. When I do this I can only access the file on the web page by using a password. What I want to do is post my churches newsletter onto the website in pdf form so people can download it in a pop up window. The directions you gave me still don't get me where I want to be.
      When I am in blue voda website builder what am I supposed to do once I have uploaded the file I want to blueFTP? I have selected add text, added the text and clicked on the link button. What should the link be? Or is this the wrong way altogether?

Comment

Have you viewed this?
        It seems you know how to access your public_html thru the BV FTP Manager?
        Drag your PDF into the public_html directory.
        Your link would be:
        Monsterhost provides fast, reliable, affordable and high-quality website hosting services. We're a Hosting Monster with unmatched security, 24/7 expert support.

If you are going to have a lot of PDF's I suggest making a folder inside the public_html named (something really creative) pdf !!!
        Drag your pdf's to the pdf directory
        Then the link would be www.yourwebsite.com/pdf/filename.pdf
        CarbonTerry
        Semper Fi
        Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
        Zone 5 Photo
        My USMC

Comment

It worked. Thanks for the help

Comment