database access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• database access

I am trying a program- phpMagic. This program is supposed to create a form with fields to fill in and then (via php) generate the scripts so that the information will be posted in my mySQL database that I created in c-panel.

Question- How does it know where to look for my mySQL database? Should I (and is it possible) to move the database into the same folder where the programs set up function will be run?

I am new and very green to database set up/php code etc. etc......

Thanks in advance

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Re: database access

It can't know. You should provide the info: database name, port (usually 3306), database table (if already existing), field names, host (usually localhost"), username and password. I don't know phpMagic, but the above are standard in all database writing programs. Have a look at this post: Trying to capture form info on database
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

naveldesign,
      Good morning. My Database name is GPPINFO, Local host I assume would be my website= http://netisopen.com how do I put it all together including the username and password? Could not figure it out from the post you referenced. Example- http://netisopen.com/GPPINFO??????

One of the boxes I have to fill in for the program asks for the server- this I again assume is the http://netisopen.com

Sorry to be so dense about this.

Andy
      PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Host is usually "localhost" server should be http://netisopen.com

To include username and password, i suppose the program will ask you somewhere during the setup. The table and fields names should also be included. But then, again, i don't know phpMagic
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Navedesign-
          here is my connection string as presented in c-panel;
          dbh=mysql_connect ("localhost", "andy128_andy128", "<PASSWORD HERE>") or die ('I cannot connect to the database because: ' . mysql_error());
          mysql_select_db ("andy128_GPPINFO");

In phpmagic I am asked to provide: Server, User name,Password,Database Name

Here is how I have provided that info:
          Server = localhost
          User Name=andy128_andy128
          Password= ******
          Database Name =andy128_GPPINFO

In your opinion- is this right? Or should server be netisopen.com:3306 ?

I know you haven't used phpmagic's program- I am just trying to get the basics that apply across the board.

Thanks again for all your help.

Andy
          PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy128
            Navedesign-
            here is my connection string as presented in c-panel;
            dbh=mysql_connect ("localhost", "andy128_andy128", "<PASSWORD HERE>") or die ('I cannot connect to the database because: ' . mysql_error());
            mysql_select_db ("andy128_GPPINFO");

In phpmagic I am asked to provide: Server, User name,Password,Database Name

Here is how I have provided that info:
            Server = localhost
            User Name=andy128_andy128
            Password= ******
            Database Name =andy128_GPPINFO

In your opinion- is this right? Or should server be netisopen.com:3306 ?

I know you haven't used phpmagic's program- I am just trying to get the basics that apply across the board.

Thanks again for all your help.

Andy
            Don't know much about DB but i think it is correct as it is
            Navaldesign

Comment

Thanks Navedesign!

Andy
              PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Working...
              X