Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• page load times

Have been fooling around with Joomla.
    Using BV Web builder for a relatively simple page my page load time was Apprx 9 sec for a 56K modem.
    Now checking with this, I get a page load time of 206 seconds.
    Is this method accurate?
    CarbonTerry
    Semper Fi
    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
    Zone 5 Photo
    My USMC

Re: page load times

Terry,

You did this --> http://www.summitarchery.com/ with Joomla?
    If yes, I'm impressed... I really like to know...
    Best Regards,

Foo

Comment

Yes, I did spent a while doing it.

However I need help with the page load times.
      With the WSO software it replied that it took 200+ seconds to download with a 56K connection and a 30sec time with my cable connection
      Using Google SEO Doctor I get a 5 second download time with my cable connection.
      Who is correct??
      C'mon guys, I know someone has the answer G, V ?
      CarbonTerry
      Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
      Zone 5 Photo
      My USMC

Comment

Carbon Terry, I looked at this when you first posted. This is an uneducated response from me, but I'm pretty familiar with the download times of many of my pages and the site you posted was WAY over-estimating. I wrote it off as a sales gimmick as that is the purpose of the site.
        CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
        CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
        CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Thanks Tom for taking the time to reply.
          CarbonTerry
          Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
          Zone 5 Photo
          My USMC

Comment

Using an outside tool, for analysis or not, is not a reliable manner with which to find or set an accurate "load time" standard, as the tool itself must first read and filter whatever page you specify before offering a result --- no matter what system you yourself are using.
            It will only produce a variable within itself by which it can "measure" each page load in comparison to previous querries. A never-ending inaccuracy ...

Joomla loads however fast the resident server is capable, Terry, and that is the baseline of all operational standards. The servers at VodaHost are among the most reliable and fastest available, yet your experience loading your own page may differ widely from mine viewing the same page ... it all depends on each connection and OS in addition to any anti-virus tools and other filters in place.

Joomla itself has benchmark load and processing speeds all published and standardized, if you are seriously concerned about estimating guest viewability, but it is such a wild-goose chase I wonder why you would be wasting time over such non-issues at all. Personally, that is.

Just saw this, after first visit in a long time. You could have always reached me via FB, Terry!
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
            X