Recovering deleted bvp files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recovering deleted bvp files

I deleted all of my bvp files and closed my bv account last summer. BV no longer has a backup of those files on their end, but I am trying to recover them on my end. I ran recovery software on the USB stick I had them on and I found them all and the recovery software indicated they were in "excellent" condition. But when I try to open them on the BV screen painter a message appears saying it cannot open the file because it is corrupted. Any suggestions on how I can repair the files?

Re: Recovering deleted bvp files

I don't know what a BV screen painter is, so I would suggest open up the Bluevoda Software and then locate the pages from USB Stick...unless of course we are both talking about the same thing!!

You may or may not know this but you can't double click the file to launch the BV Software (like say a word or exel document). You have open the software first and locate your files.....

Also might be worth downloading a fresh version of BV if you haven't recently.

If as you say your files are corrupt, the only thing you can do is (and its a bit long winded but it beats starting from scratch) is to import your web pages back into BV, one page at a time.

Open BV > Click File . Open New Page > From Existing HTML page > select remote on the internet and enter the full url of the page you want to import (including http://)

Repeat this for every page from your site.

Have fun!!
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

I cannot import my website, as it no longer exists. I closed my BV account a year ago now. When I said screen painter, I just meant the website builder.

Comment

Looks like you'll have to start again then...Its all good practice :)
        Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

I used PC Tools recovery software to get the files back, but they do not open correctly. If anyone has any ideas for me, such as using a different software recovery tool, let me know?

Comment

Just noticed that I just have the trial version of the recovery software, and it will not actually recover the files until I buy the full version.

Comment

Working...
            X