Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox and links

Hi,

when I view my site with FireFox, links do not working. With IE everything is OK. Could it be that iframing pages and making links with "top" mode is responibille for that?

www.fotoribolov.com
    www.photosc.blogspot.com
    www.slodental.com

Re: Firefox and links

Could be. I found out that Firefox doesn't like i frames. But i don't care, since I have seen in my stats that 99.1 % of my visitors use IE
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Well, visitiors using IE on my site are just over 70%.
      www.photosc.blogspot.com
      www.slodental.com

Comment

I think it's impossible to have your site set up in such a way as to appear perfectly on every one of the world's browsers. It is if you want an interesting and enjoyable site for your visitors anyway. All we can do is make sure it looks perfect for the majority of users and add a little note to our pages saying 'This site was desinged using ...... and is best viewed in bla bla bla.....'.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Please note that links in the Iframe will work perfectly. Links COVERD by the i frame will not work, due to Firefox's inability to condider the trasparency of the frame background. The problem can be easily overridden using not ONE, LARGE i frame, but two (or 3 or more) i frames with the excact size of the elements you want to have, f.e. one for the menu, one for the header and so on. This way the other links that are layedout on the page will not get covered and they will work properly.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Navaldesign, I new you have an answer. I have one big fat iframe that cover pages completely. I would have to do that i frames again. Next month.
            Amanda, thank you for advice.
            www.photosc.blogspot.com
            www.slodental.com

Comment

Working...
            X