Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fonts on pc not showing up in Bluevoda

Hey guys,

I just downloaded and installed the optima font on my pc and they are not showing up in the Bluevoda menu.

I've already checked in the fonts folder in the control panel and they are definitely there.

I also checked that i could find the font in Word, and yes it is there.

I checked through the whole bludevoda font menu and could not find the optima font there.

Can someone please tell me what i need to do for Bluevoda to pick up on that font?

Thanks
    Matt Roessler
    Pain-Free Acupuncture
    www.painfreeacupuncture.com.au

Re: Fonts on pc not showing up in Bluevoda

Hi Matt,

Play safe. There are web friendly fonts which are optima look alike which can be viewed in BV. Use the latter instead of inisting on "Optima"

P.s. You can also Google for "Web Friendly Fonts" to guide you.
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Hi Zuraitman,

Thanks for your reply. However, optima is one of those fonts that are pretty safe.

You say there are fonts similar to optima... What are they?

Also, can someone please answer my original question as to why the font is not showing up on Bluevoda even though it is definitely on my pc?

That would be great guys thanks.
      Matt Roessler
      Pain-Free Acupuncture

Comment

If "optima" is giving you problems, ditch it and solve your problem.

There so many other fonts to choose from.

www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Optima is not giving me problems... Bluevoda is giving me problems...

Does anyone have the answer as to why Bluevoda isn't picking up on the fact that I have Optima on my pc? The issue is with the program, not the font.

Thanks.
          Matt Roessler
          Pain-Free Acupuncture

Comment

Tools > Options > General: "Display websafe fonts only"
            CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
            CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
            CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your reply, but how how does that in any way help me with my question of why Optima is not being picked up by bluevoda???

I've been using this program for a long time guys, I know what websafe fonts are..

If someone could actually answer my question as to why its not picking up Optima, rather than taking the easy option and treating me like a 2 year old, patting me on the head, and telling me to use websafe fonts that would be fantastic.

I look forward to some answers guys thanks.
              Matt Roessler
              Pain-Free Acupuncture

Comment

Excuse me, I was trying to be helpful. It doesn't matter if Optima is websafe or not--if you display the websafe fonts in BV you will see that Optima is not on the list. This only matters if you have that feature checked. If you uncheck it, you could then use Optima, all other things being equal--meaning if something's not messed up elsewhere. My suggestion is the first step in resolving the issue. If it's not the issue, then you know to look elsewhere. It may be you need to reinstall BV or it may be a completely different problem.
                CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
                CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
                CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Hi Tom

Sorry about being a bit annoyed but if you look at the start of this thread I've had a couple of days worth of irrelevant/condescending answers that aren't actually answering my actual question.

Sorry to take it out on you.

The websafe fonts option in NOT switched on and its still not showing up. I haven't tried reloading BV so maybe I will do that. Thanks a lot for that suggestion.

Thanks again Tom.
                  Matt Roessler
                  Pain-Free Acupuncture

Comment

you can always use Optima as an image. i know the seo's dont like images, but i believe that is changing as well ,as long as you take the time to do you alt tags. just creat your background that you have on your site, whatever color that is, then use software that you can add text, save it as jpeg or gif file and you can import it via the image tool.
                    as for you answer, im not sure anyone would know that. - i certainly dont. but if i want to get a look on a site and make sure everyone sees that look i import an image. an example of this is:

hope that helps with your frustration.
                    mrmagoo144
                    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Copy and Paste Optima in the : Program Files\BlueVoda Website Builder\clipart
                      or wherever you save the BlueVoda program.
                      Hope this will do.

Comment

Hi Mr Magoo,

Thanks very much for your reply. I was thinking of doing that but I don't know if I really want to take that hit in SEO seeing as google loves content. But thanks a lot for the suggestion.

WSBlue,

Thanks for your suggestion too, I will go and try that today and report back to you. This is one I haven't heard yet.

Thanks again guys for your help. This obviously is not an easy question so I do appreciate you guys giving me some options.

Have a great week.
                        Matt Roessler
                        Pain-Free Acupuncture

Comment

Working...
                        X