I love acorns - new site - please review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love acorns - new site - please review

Decided to create a new site for my acorn endeavors. Trying to keep it really simple and straight forward. Have a look and tell me what you think!
    I know it's wide - I'm curious to learn if side scrolling is necessary, on both my desktop and mini laptop it fits well.

Thank you!
    Marcie
    www.redtractorfarm.com
    www.iloveacorns.com
    www.halfkilofeta.com

Re: I love acorns - new site - please review

Hi Marcie,

You're not a squirrel by any chance are you???

Sidewards scrolling will only be necessary for anyone with certain screen sizes or resolutions. Someone looking at the site in 800 x 600 will have to scroll, but most people today have widescreen monitors and higher resolutions so I wouldn't worry. Only a small minority of visitors should see this with a sidewards scroll... and to be honest I don't think many squirrels have access to the internet anyway.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Awww, cheap shot. I've taken so much flak from friends about acorn eating but just know you'll all be eating your words in a few years when I've managed to start-up a successful acorn based product line. Yeah, yeah, you'll all be eating acorns eventually!!!

Also been tweaking www.halkilofeta.com if anyone is interested. BTW, I'm not usually bald - had to go through chemo last year and decided to make an art piece out of the experience. This site was meant to be an archive of my more artistic projects but sadly I haven't had much time to paint between acorns and guesthouse. I know I've got a typo on Fabio16 which will have to be repaired in Photoshop soon. Any other typos? I'm a wretched speller (like most squirrels)

Thanks as always
      BV rocks!
      Marcie
      www.redtractorfarm.com
      www.iloveacorns.com
      www.halfkilofeta.com

Comment

I don't see a website on that link? Can you repost?
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Haven't been linked to anyone on this one but manage to get visitors every day who are probably searching to buy feta cheese!
          Marcie
          www.redtractorfarm.com
          www.iloveacorns.com
          www.halfkilofeta.com

Comment

Hi
            Love the title at the top and all in all very straghtforward to read.
            Acorns on my plate has a line running through plate and the blue writing is almost impossible for me to read, unlike the rest of the text which is beautifully clear. Think it is the colour.
            I had no idea you could eat acorns and if I had some handy I would give them a go
            Great site, I liked it very much. Good luck with the acorn production

Debbie

Comment

PS I just tried to send you a message via the contact form and got an error message 404.
              It was a message to check out www workaway.info for possible interns. I didn't want to post it here but if I don't I shall forget and it may be useful to you

Debbie

Comment

I love acorns - new site - please review

Debbie - thanks for the comments.
                I see I need to fix the form, have no idea what I've done wrong and barely
                remember how the whole form and 'action' response page works. We've been using workaway and wwoof and helpx for some years now - we have over 1500 volunteer inquiries per year!
                Looks like I'll need to go back and relearn how to make forms again...
                Marcie
                www.redtractorfarm.com
                www.iloveacorns.com
                www.halfkilofeta.com

Comment

Marcie
                  I have exactly the same problem with my form (I just haven't put mine out for all too see LOL) and I need to go back and re read to find out what I have done wrong. It will be something simple it always is Thanks for wwoof and helpx that may be useful to my son

Debbie

Comment

Woohoo, fixed the form! Does anyone else see the line through Acorns on my Plate that Dandia has pointed out? I don't see it with my browser. So releived to get the form problems solved so I can get back to adding content!
                    Please let me know if any links are broken.
                    Thank you,
                    Marcie
                    www.redtractorfarm.com
                    www.iloveacorns.com
                    www.halfkilofeta.com

Comment

Well done Marcie on getting the form sorted
                      I notice on the eating acorns page the text is running out of the brown text box onto the green at the bottom. "up to one year" is on it.
                      I have also contacted you through the form and it worked beautifully, I really must fix mine LOL
                      Dandia Debbie

Comment

I made a little something for you >> http://www.VodaTips.com/i-love-acorns-1.html

Have Fun, and say hello to Kostis!
                        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I LIKE it .... and I agree: it will make things 'pop' and liven it up.
                          The red is used in her site too, so it is not a conflict in my opinion. And the green/gold compliments the browns she used.
                          BP: SHOW ME DA MONEY!

Comment

Updated Acorn Site

Good morning BVers!
                            New look for my very simple acorn site. Please have a look and let me know if anything does not look or work right.
                            Thank you,
                            Marcie
                            Marcie
                            www.redtractorfarm.com
                            www.iloveacorns.com
                            www.halfkilofeta.com

Comment

Re: Updated Acorn Site

Wonderful, Marcie!!!
                              At last :) - I planted an acorn in our garden here in Germany about 5 years ago, rescued the sapling after deer & squirrels decided it was the tastiest thing around, nutured it & now I'm ready for the first real crop of acorns!!

I only wish I could make it in October....oh well.....
                              oh, nearly forgot.....there's quite a bit of side scroll on the English pages - big empty space off to the right side....suggest you check page widths.

....the only "english" mistake I found was in the comment by one of your volunteers :)

(And not all the pages are co-ordinated betwen Greek & English....perhaps not that serious since most people, having selected their language of choice, will probably stay with it lol)

Really hope you get all you need to make the project the success it deserves to be :) Earth needs more like you lol

david
                              Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Working...
                              X