X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Errors installing Magento

Hello,

1. Why is Magento not included for installattion as Zen cart for example?

2. I have transferred my installation of Magento from my virtual server. When trying to reach the install page I received the following:
    There has been an error processing your request

Exception printing is disabled by default for security reasons.
    Error log record number: 57969422

3. You are my last chance to resolve this issue. I install Magento on a virtual server on my computer, but I cannot display the theme/template I want to use. Here is a link to my post on Magento's site with screenshots of my installation.

Thank you!

Re: Errors installing Magento

Yes, you are heading in the right direction (as discussed on the Magento Forum): you must be sure that the Template you are trying to upload via the prescribed method was in fact written for the version of Magento you have installed.
    Similar to other carts, blogs, and forums, Magento reserves functionality for themes that have been written to perform them, and unless the template version you have is at least as current as the Magento version, it will not function properly.

Additionally, since Magento is a Premium installation, it is not included as a Fantastico! script that can be easily loaded: Magento requires specifics that are not common to most hosting plans (i.e. must be the primary installation, not an add-on; specific SSL setup; dedicated IP server status, etc.), and thus the singular installation methods are prerequisite.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: Errors installing Magento

Thank you Vasili,
      As always, a very good and to-the-point answer!

Comment

Working...
      X