X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Image in shape

Hi,
    I'd like to have image in a shape.
    My problem is that the picture is often not fitting in the right proportions.
    How can I adjust this.

I mean make the picture smaller or bigger in size so that it fits with the size of the shape which I like to use in the design.

Any help possible?
    Thanks in advance.
    Ciao.. Doro

Re: Image in shape

You can do that various ways - you can change the size of your photo in a photo editing program - or you an simply take the arrows on the sides of the picture after you place it over the shape and size it smaller to fit.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Please note that stretching or pulling the image will distort it. If you don't mind, then it's simple. If you do, the only thing that you can do is, as Bethers suggested, edit the image in a photoeditor, save the edited pic and insert it in BV
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks. I think I was not clear enough what I mean.

When I use the Shapeform button and want to fill the shape form with a picture, then I can change the Shape size afterwards, but the picture is laying behind it not changing. What I then get is only a partially view of the picture.

OK I could resize it in a photosoftware but then I have to guess that it has the right size for my Shape size I will eventually use in the design.

Is there not another way like in Quark where you can enlarge and reduce the picture inside the box (Shapeform).

Thanks in advance for your support.
        Ciao... Doro

Comment

double click shape to go to shape properties and then on the style choose Streched, this way you can strech your image as big as the shape you need. but again as Naval said the image will distort it
          Nyoman

Comment

You can do exactly what you are talking about in photo software. But you need to have the software. To use the buttons, shapes and pictures on BV, you need to work within their parameters. If you can determine the correct size for your photo, with keeping the dimensions, you can put in those dimensions in html to keep the shape. If the shape is hiding the picture, then you have placed the shape over the picture, when you probably want the picture on top of the shape.
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks to all.
              Bethers what do you mean with "you can put in those dimensions in html"
              The rest is clear.
              I need to define then the size of the Shape in BV in alingment with my design take this deminsions over to a photosoftware and put there the picture in the correct deminsions and then I can take in the right sized picture to BV. I think that's then the way to go.

Just another question popped up. Is there any possibility to group different element without locking them at the place, so that I could move the group to the right place in the design?

Thanks again. I really appreciate your help. I'm doing quite good with my first website and I enjoy it.

Ciao.. Doro

Comment

No, BV doesn't have a grouping feature
                Navaldesign
                Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

It does have a lossoe (like a temporary grouping) feature though - which can be used for moving several things together. You click and drag to include the items you want to temporarily group - move them to where you want them - then click off them and they become individual items again.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                  02036089024 / United Kingdom
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                  X