Basic Shopping Cart Information Required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic Shopping Cart Information Required

Hello, I'm very new to website design and have managed to make a start on my site, however, I really need someone to explain how the cart works in Blue Voda. I gather the cart is only a very simple one with limited ability. So after my customer has finished placing all the items they want into the cart, then firstly I gather the cart has the ability to add up the items and list a total at the bottom? So then they click on "go to checkout" and then what? I gather they must be given a form to fill out from PayPal requesting their name, address, e-mail and phone number among other things. So what then? Do they click on "send my order" or similar to complete their part? Then I guess within minutes I receive an e-mail from PayPal giving me all the customer's details (including e-mail address I hope) so I can send their order. Also I presume I would be informed of what they have ordered from me and I would also receive notification of the amount that has been transferred from the customer's PayPal account to mine. All these assumptions are made by just using my common sense. If I have it wrong in some way will someone please correct me? There does not appear to be any tutorials offered by Blue Voda on this subject! Also, is Blue Voda totally free? Can I design my website and have it hosted by my usual server without any charge from Blue Voda?
    Colin J Cooper (Australia)
    http://localandmobileseo.com/

Re: Basic Shopping Cart Information Required

Yes Blueoda is FREE (because thats the website builder) but it can only be published to Vodahost, which is not free. Bluevoda can not be published to any other host.

In BV you can insert 'Add to Cart' & 'View Cart' Paypal buttons. All the information you need will be sent to you according to, customer details, cart details, payment notification and so on. Here is a tutorial http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/pay...t-creator.html
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Thanks DarrenC for your reply. Yes, I've watched the tutorial you mentioned several times some days ago. Unfortunately it does not cover the area I'm interested in. Could you just confirm that the steps I have suggested in my original post regarding the procedure the customer would have to follow are fairly accurate? Thanks very much for your answer stating that my site must be hosted by BlueVoda. I believe the yearly fee for that is $85 US. I live in Australia, so is that a problem having my host in America?

Comment

You can host a AU domain with VodaHost, no problem as long as the name servers are pointed to your VH account.

The Add to Cart buttons within VH simply add the product in your PayPal cart. So the cart is actually set in your (or your customers) PayPal account.

Clicking on the Add to Cart button will result in a new window opening where the customer can see his purchased items, with quantities, amount etc. The checkout procedure by PayPal includes asking the customer for his billing and delivery details, and of course email address, and at the end, PayPal sends you an email with the order details and payment details.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks navaldesign for your reply. Looks like my understanding of the way the cart functions is fairly correct.

Comment

Working...
          X