Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to protect a Single Page?

Hello,

I am looking to make a page on our website protected so that anyone who comes to the page needs to log in before viewing the page. I found the BlueVoda's option to protect a single page and tried using that, but am not too sure if it is exactly what I am looking for. When I preview it, there are codes all over the page and there are two boxes to enter the information; however the left side says password but the login text is in the other box instead of outside like the password text. Is this only because I am previewing it? Is there anyway for you to see what I am talking about?

The other thing I am trying to do, is create only one user name and one password for those who we chose to give them entrance to the page. Is there anyway of doing this? If so, how can I program the specific user name and password to that page login?

Please Help... Would love to get this fixed soon. Thanks so very much!

Re: How to protect a Single Page?

click on any of these links on this page

Is this what you want it to do?
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Yes. This is exactly what I am talking about! How can I accomplish that for my page? Thank you so much!

Comment

In Bluevoda....

Insert > Login > Protect page
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thats all I have to do? That seems really simplistic. No needed format to make it look the way it does on that website? How do I set the password that will unlock the page?

Comment

Sorry I gave you wrong information...

It's Insert > Login > Single Page Protection, my fault sorry

Thats all you need to do yes, it really is that simple. When you add the single page protection, double click on the box, add a password, publish.

Comment

Sounds simple, but I must be doing something wrong. It doesn't work for me: I get a 404 "page not found" error when I click on the link to the protected page.

Comment

Will help if you publish the page to the server

Comment

Well, thanks for that. I published the page with its password protection, then publish the index page with the link to the new page, but clicking that link brings up a 404 error.

Comment

what;s your website address, and what's the password to the log-in page (you can always change it later)

Comment

The website test page is www.wvnet.co.uk/logintest.html. the password is 'letmein'. I've just confirmed its in the public folder, and now, if I type it as above, it takes me straight to the page without asking for a password, although the padlock is not visible (as I would expect).

Comment

where is the page i go to to login?

Comment

Index page, top left-ish.

Comment

Make the test page a php page by changing the extension in the page properties. Then publish this page. Then take the html page off the server. Then try again

Comment

Thank you so much for helping me with this! =) I appreciate it very much.

Comment

Working...
                              X