can not publish updated page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can not publish updated page

Hi all, There is a problem with just one page on my web site, it will not show the updated version that I have published,It seems to be stuck on the old page.The page is portion guide. It just will not budge, I have tried many times, I save page as then publish, the other pages are fine.
    Any ideas? If possible would someone be able to have a look for me to see if I am seeing what other people see? the new and imporved page will say page updated at the bottom of the page.
    Thank you
    Alison

http://www.cakeswithadifference.net

Re: can not publish updated page

Hi Alison,

what do you mean you " Save As" ?
    Under which name did you save the page? Use the date trick at the bottom of the page so we can check
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi Georgio, I go through the normal process when I update any of my pages , then publish them. make changes-save page as- I save it as the same name which then I think it replaces the old page with the new one.
      This works fine for all the other pages I have made changes to but the portion page is staying the same.
      The new page will have page updated at the bottom with todays date 01/04/06.
      Thanks for your help........again. Your a star!
      Alison

Comment

Don't use the save as. Edit your existing page, just "Save", and publish. Probabbly you have some typing error and you have it saved (and then published) under another (similar) name.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I have found your updated page, as i was supposing you do have a typing error: you have saved it as " http://www.cakeswithadifference.net/portion_ guide.html " You have a blank space after the _ (underscore) . Load the page in BV, save it correctly and then publish. What are those vertical lines ? Seem to be jpg images but they don't show
          Last edited by navaldesign; 04-01-2006, 05:22 PM.
          Navaldesign

Comment

Thank you for that Georgio, I am sorry to say that I am having a blank moment, too much going on maybe! that's my excuse........lol
            I have forgotton how to load the correct page and correct the spelling mistake ,where did you find the correct page? was is in FTP?
            I think my brain has turned into cake!
            Thanks again.
            PS, you were right those lines were images, I have put that right.
            Thanks for that.
            May I ask another question?
            Over the last few days I have had a lot of hits to my site, I have had a look, my web site is in MSN only, still waiting to be placed in google yahoo etc, most of the traffic is coming from the United States, is there a way I can promote my site on a more local basis to this area.
            Alison

Comment

Hi Alison,

Just open the page in BV, make sure it is as you want it to be and save it, CAREFULLY, with the correct name (ensure you remove the blank space). Then publish it as normal. (You don't have a link to the page with a typing error so you don't have to worry about it).

The hits are probably generated by VodaTalk members checking out your site from the 'promote your website' forum. You may want to consider Google adwords. You can totally manage your advertising budget and how much you are willing to pay per click (from £0.01). Also you can define which country/contries you want your ad to appear in. Also a good way for you would be to exchange links with other complimentary sites (in the UK).

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks Amanda, the only thing is I can not find where I can correct the blank space, could you tell me how to do this please, I know I should know this by now, it's ok I have just lost the plot!!............lol
                Alison

Comment

Just save your page as "portion_guide" re-typing the whole page name, and publish again
                  Navaldesign

Comment

Just done that, thank you, lets hope it works.
                    Thank you for your help
                    Ali
                    Alison

Comment

Yep! all done. thank you so much, your all wonderful!
                      Alison

Comment

Working...
                      X