templates issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• templates issues

I am trying to create nex page. problem: my template doesn't appear in my new page. How to apply my template in all pages created?

Re: templates issues

Create your first page with your template. Put everything you want on that page (i.e. all the content).

Then save that as..... (e.g. index)

Then once saved, save it again with your next page name (products).

You now have a cloned page.

Remove all the content you don't want and replce with the new.

Save it.

Save as... next page name...
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thank you for your help. But I don't understand. I have to copy my first page (index)page and paste it in all pages created, and remove the content ? Do I understand you?

Comment

When you clone your index page as described by Marincky, the cloned paged will automatically be named index_clone. You must rename this new cloned page and replace it's content with the new content. Your original index page remains intact.
        Bless you
        Tom

Comment

Thank you so much. Sorry I am a new bluevoda user. Can you explain me how to change templates?

Comment

Maybe this can help you. Link.
            Bless you
            Tom

Comment

Originally posted by jjonasy View Post
              I am trying to create nex page. problem: my template doesn't appear in my new page. How to apply my template in all pages created?
              I am not sure I fully understood your question. However, this way of creating lots of pages using templates had worked fine for me:

1) Create a page with all the elements that will be repeated in every page. You can also take an existing page and remove the parts that will not be used in the next pages. Be sure to configure the page correctly (size, background, type etc.)
              2) Save this page using File - Save as Template ... Give the template an appropiate name.
              3) You may create as many templates as you wish, depending on the type of web site you are building.
              4) To create a new page, open File - New page - From Template ... This should open a window with the available templates. Choose the one you want.

NOTE 1: If you try to start a new page using the New icon, you will not have access to the templates.
              NOTE 2: If you wish to apply a new template to already existing pages, I am afroid that you will have to remake them (if I am wrong and there is a way to do that, I would like to learn how). The easy way is to open both a new page with the template and the old page. Then cut and paste the elements of the old page that you wish to have in the new one. Then, save the new page with the old name and republish it.

Hope this help.

------------

German

www.alfil-sa.com (still under construction, but going there)
              German
              www.alfil-sa.com

Comment

Working...
              X