Light Box in Google Image Search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light Box in Google Image Search

• What is the best option for customers to search for me through Google Images?
    • If I use a Gallery I can not allow my images to be enlarged for better viewing can I?
    • Will a Gallery get any better response from Google than a LightBox?

When I do a search for "recovery jewelry" I only get one bracelet showing and it is the one on my home page, it is just an inserted image. Again no enlarging of the image.

Suggestions?

Example of one of my jewelry pages...

Re: Light Box in Google Image Search

Google's robots analyze dozens of factors on and about webpages (like captions, descriptions, and other contextual information) to understand and index the images on the Web. Google also applies sophisticated algorithms to the Images index to remove duplicates and to ensure that the highest-quality results show up first.

Google Images is merely a more "focused" Search function, therefore, and not a substitute for a "Gallery" or composite image selection for a particular website.

To be more assured your images will be properly classified, categorized, organized/recognized, and therefore cached, it is imperative that you have optimized image titles, tags, and other attributes associated for each individual original saved image, and that these attributes are directly interwoven into the properly formatted Page and Site Relevancy (so they will have the contextual values to benefit your website as well as score inidividual images with better ID properties to elevate Search variables).

'Added Elements' (images placed directly onto your Blue Voda pages) will imply greater importance and significance than images included into any script (Slideshow, JAlbum, Rotator, etc.), as they are considered first as a page construct and not as a design element. So, if you have a thumbnail on your page as opposed to a normally 'inserted' image, that thumbnail will be construed as a similar element: if your thumbnail is linked to a larger view (as in Lightbox), the robots will follow that link normally and cache the larger image (which should have been given a different title -- more like an 'expanded' or 'with added value' and not totally unlike the thumbnail -- than the thumbnail, so to appear as additional Content value) as they try to 'dead-end' the relevancy.

It is up to you to decide what will be best to use according to your real goals: if you are trying to get all of your images to populate in Google Images as a quasi-gallery, then you are wasting your time --- Google Images was never intended to perform that way, but as a focused Search Tool for visitors only: it is supposed to present a fixed number of "relevant" images as results to querries (your image(s) within a selection of others).

You need to understand how things work in order to prepare your interaction with them ...... be sure you have properly titled/tagged and otherwise optimized your images for both the original static saved files and the added Lightbox titles/captions according to traditional SEO methods to achieve the best results.

More Google Images Help > http://images.google.com/support/?hl=en
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
    X