Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search Engine help

Hey all,
    I would like to add a search engine in my website but would like to do it to compare prices. For example sites such as travelocity, orbitz etc.. where you can search a specific item and have multiple prices from multiple sites. thanks

Re: Search Engine help

You could make a text link or a button link to those search engines, i.e:
    Search For Rates Here and then hyperlink to: www.travelocity(for-instance),com
    Select the _blank feature to open the search engine in a seperate window.
    CarbonTerry
    Semper Fi
    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
    Zone 5 Photo
    My USMC

Comment

First, thanks for the quick response. I was wanting to basically be a search engine website that offers prices and pics. I think i used bad examples best website to define what i mean is www.bizrate.com Anymore help on this topic would be much appreciated

Comment

you can use osCommerce shopping cart or Soholaunch, install it through fantastico in control panel
        Nyoman

Comment

From what I can tell all of the products are on bizrate's site and do not link to an external site. It is an E Commerce site and all of the links go to a specific page on bizrate.com
          SohoLaunch (free with your BV account) may work better for you. I am sure that some of te "Pro's" will rspond shortly to your query. I hope that this helps you a little.
          CarbonTerry
          Semper Fi
          Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
          Zone 5 Photo
          My USMC

Comment

If you want to search products on your own site - Soho does that on product pages, Oscommerce and Zen Cart will have it available on all your pages. There are also scripts out there than you can use to make your website searchable. Here's one you might want to look at:
            http://www.xav.com/scripts/search/
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hey all,
              Thanks for the help. I am still trying to understand and build a comparison website where one can search product or services and find list of companies with different prices or rates. I think another, or best example i just found is www.shopzilla.com thanks for anymore help anyone can provide.

Comment

Originally posted by gemlovep
                Hey all,
                Thanks for the help. I am still trying to understand and build a comparison website where one can search product or services and find list of companies with different prices or rates. I think another, or best example i just found is www.shopzilla.com thanks for anymore help anyone can provide.
                This is also ecommerce website, depend on how you will manage them.
                visit here to learn more http://www.vodahost.com/tut_osc.htm
                Nyoman

Comment

Working...
                X